Sign in to follow this  
aviation1972

2D panel -versus- VC in FSX.... I want both.

In FS9, ( FS2004 ), I would scroll through my camera views, beginning with 2D panel. Next view would be VC, followed by the external views of the aircraft. In FSX, it seems I'm forced to choose between the 2D panel view, or the VC, ( and I can only get the one I've chosen ). I know I'm at fault here. There's no way FSX is less versatile than FS9 used to be. So, can you PLEASE tell me "how" to get all my camera views back, and in the same order that I had them before? Please? I am comfortable modifying config. files, if that's what I need to do. Thank you very much. You see, I fly from both panels. My Garmin GPS is visible in my 2D panel only. In my VC panel, I have greater visibility, and the opportunity to look around. When I'm forced to insert a GPS into my VC panel, it never disappears, ( as you know ). It just floats there, and remains visible, even when you scroll to your external views of the aircraft. That's a "No-No". So, I need both panels, ( 2D, and VC ). So, could some of you "pros" out there, please take the time to teach me what I'm doing wrong, or what it is that I'm overlooking, or have forgotten? I need some help..... Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Let's start by narrowing down your situation.  What aircraft are you talking about?  Default, freeware addon,

or payware?  Forced to insert a GPS into the VC.  Does that mean hitting Shift+3 to bring it up?

Assuming the aircraft has both a 2D cockpit and a VC, (Ex: Default) you can shift between them with the "A" key. If that don't work your "A" key may have been remapped somehow, or a addon has taken it over for it's own use, in which case you'll need to remap either the addon or FSX to use another unused keystroke. Another way of accessing it would be right clicking on the main screen and selecting it there.