Sign in to follow this  
Breeze

GTN750 in the Navajo

Can someone tell me how to get the GTN750 to couple with the auto-pilot?  There is no vertical guidance on an LPV approach.  Is there a way to make this work?  Thanks.

--- Jim  ---

There were some isolated cases where the glideslope wasn't working in GTN v1.12 but this was addressed in the latest patch to v1.13. You can tell the GTN version on (I think) the first boot-up screen. To update just download the F1 wrapper again from the GTN sales page and run the installer. If that's not it I don't know what to tell you, mine works almost exactly like any default ILS except the CDI source is on GPS rather than VLOC (or NAV as we know it in default).

Jim

If Jim's suggestion doesn't solve it for you, check the GTN's Config programme, to ensure all of the settings are correct (eg. AP linked to 'Nav' etc), as sometimes the entries can become blank.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks guys!  I was still on v1.12; didn't know about v1.13.  That fixed it for me.

Is there a way to get the click spot back on the GTN750 bezel to pop it up in a window?  I guess Carenado's implementation of the GTN750 removed the click spot.

--- Jim  ---

Click on the very top edge of the VC mounted unit, there's a similar clickspot then on the resulting 2D panel.

Well I'll be.  I'm so use to clicking on the left side bezel I never thought to try the top edge.  That works fine.  Thanks Jim, you've been a big help to me.

May I ask another question.  I had to disable CMeteoXml.dll in the dll.xml file or P3D will not start.  I presume the dll is for the weather radar.  Did you have to do the same?  Also whenever I use the Navajo, P3D will not shut down cleanly.  The P3D window closes but the process is still running.  I have to go to the Task manager to terminate the P3D process.  It only happens when I use the Navajo.  Any ideas?

--- Jim  ---

I have the same problem with CMeteoXml.dll in v3, I can't put it in the dll.xml or else the sim crashes. To be honest I don't know what I'm missing, everything seems to work fine. The F406 didn't try to put that in my dll.xml with it's v3 native installer, although it did when I installed it into FSX. I have no idea what this .dll does, the filename would imply something weather-related but I can't tell the difference between the Navajo in FSX with the .dll running vs P3D v3 without. I don't remember having any problems closing the sim after the Navajo's been loaded but I'll try it and see.

Jim

When P3Dv3 is running, it shows in the Task Manager, Windows 10 by the way, as a running App.  When I exit P3D, the App closes and the Task Manager then shows P3D as a background process.  Normally the background process terminates as shown in the Task Manager within a few seconds.  Whenever I run the Navajo, the App closes and the background process appears but it never terminates.

Running without CMeteo doesn't appear to affect anything as far as I know.

--- Jim  ---

Can you isolate this crash to the GTN if you put the Navajo back to default by running CAR530PA31310.exe in the root SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PA31-310 Navajo folder? How about if you install the GTN into the default Baron, does that crash too? I just did a flight in the Navajo with an LPV approach into Monterey and the whole 9 yards and the sim (v3) closed normally. I don't have any P3D-related processes running in the task manager afterwards. I suspect if you can isolate it to the GTN Tiberiu would probably like to know about it in the GTN forum. Hope you get it sorted. :)

Jim

I think I traced the problem of P3Dv3's failure to shut completely down to EZdoc.  I upgrade EZCA to version 1.18.7 and the problem seems to have been resolved.

Carenado has informed me that they "are working on and making some compatibility tests with P3D v3."  And that CMeteo "is for the weather radar and it is not working with their version yet."  So maybe they will issue another patch.  Maybe . . .

Thanks for all your help Jim, I appreciate it.  I'm good to go now.

--- Jim  ---

Carenado has informed me that they "are working on and making some compatibility tests with P3D v3."  And that CMeteo "is for the weather radar and it is not working with their version yet."  So maybe they will issue another patch.  Maybe . . .

If it's any consolation, I disable CMeteo.dll in FSX on all of my Carenado planes that use it anyway.  The Carenado radar isn't terribly useful, and it's a performance hog - on some planes a BIG performance hog.  In other words, the fact that you can't use it in P3D isn't that great of a loss and you might well end up leaving it disabled even if/when Carenado get it working.

FWIW

Scott

It seems to me the weather radar still works without CMeteoXml.dll in the dll.xml unless you guys are seeing something I'm not?

It seems to me the weather radar still works without CMeteoXml.dll in the dll.xml unless you guys are seeing something I'm not?

I'm seeing the same Jim, the weather radar still seems to work without CMeteoXml.dll in the dll.xml.

Just did a flight from Sacramento to Monterey in rainy weather.  Everything seems to work fine.  LPV approach was perfect using the GTN750.  However I spoke too soon on the shutdown problem.  When I exit P3Dv3 the P3D window closes but the P3D process is still running in the background.  It only happens when I use the Navajo. I have the GTN750 in the Navajo and the A2A C182.  I don't think the GTN unit is the problem.  P3D process closes fine with the A2A plane.

--- Jim  ---

EZCA was the cause of my P3D shutdown problems.  Too many access violations in the Event Viewer.  I'm switching to Opus for my camera views.  The P3D process closes fine now.

--- Jim  ---