Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

P3D V3 FMC memory leak back?

So I ran the test exactly as described above and this time, sure enough, VAS started a gradual decrease until OOM sometime during the night. I think the reason I couldn't reproduce it initially was the lack of a departure runway. 

I can test other scenarios, if you'd like.

Great thank you for testing that Walter and confirming what I am seeing on my P3D installation!

Can you also submit a ticket to support with your findings? The more info. they have the better. 

Could you run the same test for ILS25R at VHHH?

The days of this bug are numbered.

Great thank you for testing that Walter and confirming what I am seeing on my P3D installation!

Can you also submit a ticket to support with your findings? The more info. they have the better. 

Could you run the same test for ILS25R at VHHH?

The days of this bug are numbered.

The test I did was with the ILS25R at VHHH. I'll go back to KSEA this evening, but this time I'll set a departure out of Maui to see if I get the same results.

BTW, ticket sent.

Walter Meier

EDDF-CYVR using 777F. Several weeks ago I had to save this flight while on the WHISTLER4, ILS 26R. Loaded saved flight and continue on to land. At the time I thought it was scenery related because of the combination of FSDT CYVR, Taxi2Gate KSEA, and ORBX PNW Blue in a relative small area, and the weather. Tonight I will see what occurs. The flight time is close to the border line at 9:38 hours. 8L/26R both have MAs with radial intercepts in the procedure.

EDDF-CYVR using 777F. Several weeks ago I had to save this flight while on the WHISTLER4, ILS 26R. Loaded saved flight and continue on to land. At the time I thought it was scenery related because of the combination of FSDT CYVR, Taxi2Gate KSEA, and ORBX PNW Blue in a relative small area, and the weather. Tonight I will see what occurs. The flight time is close to the border line at 9:38 hours. 8L/26R both have MAs with radial intercepts in the procedure.

I removed the missed approach entirely on my ILS07R, ILS25R tests at VHHH. The leak occurs regardless. I do believe the old leak was successfully fixed, and that it was missed approach related. This one however, seems to be something beyond the missed approach. How a ILS07L approach (with a missed approach code) does not leak, and a ILS07R (with and without! out a missed approach code) does leak. Is beyond me..

I hope we dont have to wait much longer for the fix. 

I'm sure they're working on it, Leo, and appreciate your patience.....

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

EDDP-CYVR in 777F. 2.6GB at TOC which increased to 2.7GB during the flight. 3.1GB on final for ILS 08L. The previous flight's save was required because of scenery not a VAS leak. The previous approach was to ILS 26R which was over the city. ILS 08L was over water.

On the prior VAS leak the my first ticket was submitted on 2-15-2015 and the fixed was released on 5-7-2015. I don't know when Kyle Weber first submitted a ticket. It could take awhile so be patient.

I removed the missed approach entirely on my ILS07R, ILS25R tests at VHHH. The leak occurs regardless. I do believe the old leak was successfully fixed, and that it was missed approach related. This one however, seems to be something beyond the missed approach. How a ILS07L approach (with a missed approach code) does not leak, and a ILS07R (with and without! out a missed approach code) does leak. Is beyond me..

Hi Leo,

After further testing, i still can't duplicate the leak for the KSEA ILS16L or for the VHHH ILS07R. Confirmed for the VHHH ILS25R and, one I suspected from a flight I took a few weeks ago, KSFO ILS28R. 

And Ryan replied to my ticket saying they're aware of the issue and looking into it.

Walter Meier

I have a leak at some airports when my Freeway traffic is at 2% and +, am forced to keep it at 1%, it sucks but nothing much I cold do about it, you might try it out of curiosity.

Arslan Nouar

I have a leak at some airports when my Freeway traffic is at 2% and +, am forced to keep it at 1%, it sucks but nothing much I cold do about it, you might try it out of curiosity.

For all my testing (and results I publish here), I use 0% AI.

I never use AI traffic, and even if I did I would turn it off for all VAS related testing. It is essential to remove all outside variables when looking at VAS related issues. Furthermore, this leak is completely unrelated to AI traffic.

For all my testing (and results I publish here), I use 0% AI.

Likewise.

Fair enough, hope you will find a solution soon enough, VAS issues are frustrating.

Arslan Nouar

Tried this again post-update.  Completely removed the 77W and 77L, any traces of it, rebooted in between, and reinstalled the new version.  Tried ILS 16L at KSEA again while sitting stationary at KJFK, OOM'ed after about 5 hours (though I definitely see the 150-200 MB VAS footprint improvement, which is most welcome).  I'll try KLAX 25L just to verify our baseline sometime later.

juWE68J.png

I guess one possible work around is to select the runway only in the FMS until absolutely necessary to select the specific approach.  I'll have to try that myself as well.

Decided to try this again last night, overnight, with a different panel state (since in my previous findings, although inconclusive, panel state may influence this if you saved a situation with the leak already).  No difference it appears.

U1kP4jJ.png

Again, disclaimer, I'm using FSX SP2 for this testing (I don't own P3D).

Started to test VHHH ILS 7R, but I'm not sure the traces of the VAS leak are there on my system (only have confirmed KSEA ILS 16L so far on my setup).  Have to use my computer for other things today, so I'll do a proper 8-hour test another time on VHHH.

jBI13Ha.png

Started to test VHHH ILS 7R, but I'm not sure the traces of the VAS leak are there on my system
I believe Leo said the problem was with 07L/25R which are generally the runways used for landing. You might want to check with him as to which runway was causing the issue.