Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

P3D V3 FMC memory leak back?

I believe Leo said the problem was with 07L/25R which are generally the runways used for landing. You might want to check with him as to which runway was causing the issue.

As far as P3D V3 goes, VHHH ILS07R, ILS25L, ILS25R, KSEA16L are so far the only approaches that when selected and activated in the FMC will instantly result in a ~100MB-150MB VAS leak and eventual OOM.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Kyle Weber

I apologize for giving you the wrong information. You are correct.

Tried VHHH ILS 7L for nearly 20 hours, no leak in FSX.  Rock solid there.  Will move on to the 25s (so far the only leak I've been able to reproduce is KSEA ILS 16L).

RTaeoE2.png

Hmm I did a flight today from MYNN - MUGM and I noticed I couldnt select the star at the destination in the fmc. And when I clicked the transition called soutp the sim froze and crashed. Happened before on a airport I dont remember.

Anyone else had this?

And here's data from VHHH ILS 25R, which leaked and OOM'ed on my system.  So, thus far VHHH ILS 25R and KSEA ILS 16L are culprits this time around.

16GtHXF.png

And here's data from VHHH ILS 25R, which leaked and OOM'ed on my system.  So, thus far VHHH ILS 25R and KSEA ILS 16L are culprits this time around.

Thank you Kyle! that confirms what I am seeing for VHHH ILS25R, and KSEA ILS16L. I also see the same leak on VHHH ILS07R, and as your test shows, no leak on VHHH ILS07L.

What I am hoping we can figure out, is what VHHH ILS 25R has in its code which results in a leak, while ILS07L does not!

Would you mind re-testing the VHHH ILS25R? with the difference being that you remove the entire missed approach code from the navdata file for that runway

KJFK-KLAX with ILS 25L selected (and FSDreamTeam KJFK/KLAX enabled, just to introduce another variable).  One of the original troublesome approaches with the VAS leak a year ago.  No OOM.

29pEkIJ.png

• Upvote 1

KLAX-PHKO data while flying, to compare usage in general on my specific system (with a long pause at TOD).

EO5mLKA.png

I've isolated the leak with KSEA ILS 16L to the following code:

TRK 131 INTERCEPT RADIAL 161 TO

TrqNC0N.png

Without that code in the KSEA file:

m11DQ4u.png

• Upvote 3

FSX Only. EDDP-KSEA 16C same missed approach as 16L. ASN, all scenery and airports enabled, and no time compression. 2.2GB used from takeoff to 9 hours. Between 9-10 hours 2.3 to 2.7GB used. 3.0GB at cargo ramp.

Apparently the installer code changes quite frequently even though the version number does not change. An installer downloaded currently might make a difference from the one released on Jan 1, 2016. See pages 5 and 6 of this thread - http://www.avsim.com/topic/481021-after-new-installer-cabin-windows-are-not-transparent/page-5.