Sign in to follow this  
Pitter

Mscomctl.ocx

or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

That is the full msg which I got after many years of trouble free use first time reinstall RC4 and before I can request a reg key. If I click on the green RC button, this msg come up.

can someone help me please

Peter

FSX, Win7/64 Registerd FSUIPC

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Peter, I tried for quite a while to find a fix for this same issue? I ended up contacting support @ Radar Contact, and they sent me a new download link.  help@jdtllc.com

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10019

Save the file. You have two choices here:

Run the exe and see if it works for you but safer is to get free 7-Zip file manager from:

http://7-zip.org/download.html

and install. Then right click on the KB install file and extract the two ocx files into a folder you create. mscomctrl used to be a part of Windows prior to VISTA. Follow the install instructions in the 713 pinned topic copying mscomtrl in the appropriate folders and then using rgsvr32 as directed.  Do not use /u in regsvr32 as that means uninstall.

This second method gives you control of what is installed from the KB file and excludes other changes the auto-install exe mighht attempt.

The 7-zip file manager lets you inspect what is in exe auto-install files although it may not indicate folders used.

If you search for mscomtrl on the Internet you'll get answers from "fix-it" sites but they frequently place adware on your PC.

Thks for the quick response.

@Delta6295, tks for the link, but maybe later

@ronzie. Ron, I downloaded the file, unzip and put in WOW64. After that, register the file did not work. The only way was recommended by Boeing 737-800,: de-register and after that register again. Both of them are comfirmed by a small blue popup.

So, the key request is on his way. Hopefully the probs are now ended.

A big thank you to all, specially Boeing 737-800 for his post

Peter