Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Can VoxATC be used without ... voice :)

What I mean is - can I interact with the ATC robot without having to actually speak to my headset microphone, and instead use menus with options ?

I am about to test the trial during the weekend, and... btw, should I want to invest on an AI add-on to go with it, which one do you recommend ?

Thx !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not really, if you don't want to speak the FO can handle it (and you can "encourage" him with keys, though this is control of timing more than what is said), but if you mean you want full control of the ATC interaction via a menu, similar to the default ATC (and presumably, the 3rd party button ATC robots), then no, it's not designed for that.  Clue is in the "Vox"  :wink:

I have MT6 to go with it, but VoxATC  generates it's own traffic (so it can control it), so you just move the models into the SimObjects folder and let Vox handle it, rather than using the standard AI sliders or the default MT6 traffic injection.

Thx Jamie!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

What I mean is - can I interact with the ATC robot without having to actually speak to my headset microphone, and instead use menus with options ?

I am about to test the trial during the weekend, and... btw, should I want to invest on an AI add-on to go with it, which one do you recommend ?

Thx !

Yes, you can have the FO handle comm from start to finish(except for requesting a different cruise altitude). You still  have to have a headset and a microphone connected and configured.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Let me just chime in here to say that the FO is NOT available while flying VFR, only IFR. Everything else the other guys said is correct.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

I really have to get it working throught the microphone then, after all - that's actually part of the realism it brings to the simulation...  - but you know, with other people at home, asleep, it's not always very well accepted :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

I really have to get it working throught the microphone then, after all - that's actually part of the realism it brings to the simulation... - but you know, with other people at home, asleep, it's not always very well accepted :-/

You don't have to talk. You set up a shortcut key to activate the FO. When you enable VOXATC just before the flight hit the key and the FO will switch to ATIS and will listen for a while then the FO will switch to clearence. When you decide you are ready for clearence, you press the assigned PTT button without holding and the FO will contact clearence and then acknowledge. You do the same for ground, tower and so on.

You can also hit 0 to display the menue options and selecting one will get the FO to say it.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Naif!

Thank you for the EXCELLENT Hint!

I'm certainly going for VoxATC ;-) !

Main Simulation Rig: