Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

vive la france

My thread above was pointing that out (just in case any one missed it)....if you can't talk Rel or Pol then yea basically there is nothing left to talk about in this sort of discussion. Therefore pointless. I don't see a point in Rel or Pol in a Flight Sim forum anyways. I am pretty sure their is plenty of discussion over at FOX.com 

Matthew Kane

Yes. As well ss Obams's decision to recklessly pull all forces out of Iraq without regard to the consequences. As well as Clinton's reluctance to take down bin laden during the several chances that he was presented. As well as Bush senior's decision to kick Iraq out of Kuwait. And as well as the Russian invasion of Afghanistan. This thread was good until somebody decided to politicize it.

I disagree, terrorist attacks are a very much political thing. If you completely separate politics from them then what discussion can you possibly have after everybody has left their condolences? 

Why let the thread fall into a political football.  Its pretty simply,   don't talk about religion or politics with people you only know virtually.  

Its not rocket science  :smile:

I don't really get this mindset either, people should be able to discuss even hot topics and disagree about them with each other in respectful manner. If we aren't capable of doing even that then there's not much hope for future of this specie.  

don't see a point in Rel or Pol in a Flight Sim forum anyways. I am pretty sure their is plenty of discussion over at FOX.com

Well, from plenty of real world aviation forums you can also find a non-aviation forum with quite an amount of political discussion. I don't see why that couldn't be the case here too. 

I agree that a lot of political discussion is required to learn about terrorism and its causes.

AVSIM has decided that this site is not the place for that, and they have very good reasons for it.

Frankly speaking, I am surprised that we have come so far and up this point in this thread. If you read through it again, you will see that a number of points and issues have been raised and those provide a good starting point for everyone interested to research, read and learn more on this topic.

I would kindly ask my fellow forum members to leave it at that as far as the AVSIM site is concerned, and I would also kindly ask the AVSIM staff to lock this thread (if they think this is required), but also to be so kind not to hide it.

Thank you very much.

Well, from plenty of real world aviation forums you can also find a non-aviation forum with quite an amount of political discussion. I don't see why that couldn't be the case here too. 

feel free to visit any other forums

Matthew Kane

Political Correctness doesn't change us, it shuts us up.  Quite frankly, I think political correctness is the worst form of censorship.  It causes us to lie silently instead of saying what we think.

Turn off MSM and look for the truth yourself.  If you don't control your mind, someone else will.
When the herd is all running toward the cliff, the one running in the opposite direction seems crazy.

RJ