Sign in to follow this  
CathayA340

NVIDIA Graphics Driver Crash

Hello everyone,

For the past month or so, I haven't been able to complete a single flight on my sim (FSX). Sometime during the middle of the flight, my monitors black out and then I get a message saying that the Nvidia drivers have crashed/stopped working and has recovered. The sim becomes a black screen and the only thing i can do is press the close button to exit the sim. I've looked online for many fixes including uninstalling a certain windows update, using a microsoft "fix it" program to fix the registry, reinstall the latest drivers, and so on. I haven't been able to fix the problem so far...it's pretty annoying not being able to complete a flight :/  Does anybody know of any other fixes to this issue? Thank you all.

Specs: 

i5-4670k 3.4GHZ

MSI GTX750ti 2GB

8GB RAM

FSX Acceleration

Hello Cathay.  I had this very problem before and with the help of Jim Young  i got rid of my black screen problems.

You might want to completely Uninstall your old Nvidea Drivers first which will leave a nice clean slate to Reinstall your new Driver. 

To uninstall your Nvidea Driver,  download this program, this will uninstall all files and folders related to your old drivers    http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.html

Open the folder.  You will see this.  Right click and Run as Administrator

22811263185_df64c8e671_o.png

Run in safe mode.  Your computer will restart automatically 

22811184365_fca69954f5_o.png

Click red arrow.  Your computer will restart  automatically

22188444594_a5ae590eec_o.png

Then run Ccleaner (free version) this will clean anything left over.  Run Cleaner and Registry    https://www.piriform...leaner/download

22393025207_a8ec76f665_o.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reinstalling your new Driver

Right click on the Nvidea Installer and Run as Administrator, there would be harm to also add add it to your Exclusions Zone in your Ant virus Software. 

Run the installer,  you will see this.

Click Custom (red arrow)  and hit next

22282209174_5a26fd966e_o.png

Check the box  Perform a Clean Installation  and hit next

22486624868_9db5308b7e_o.png

After installation, restart your computer manually to insure best results.   Try that first anyway and take it from there. 

Thank you so much for the detailed help and explanation! I tried the fix and so far, all is well and the sim is running fine. Let's hope this fix is permanent! I really appreciate it :)

Hopefully Cathay.   Its the first step to take anyway.   If it doesn't work,  well maybe someone with more knowledge then me can chim in 

Way to go Elaine!  Great advice!

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10