Sign in to follow this  
mikethe6th

Can't go quicker than X knots

Hi there,

Long time 737 NGX user in FSX and I've just moved over to P3D.

Everything works as it should, everything is normal. Until I attempt to take off. If heavy, the aircraft will accelerate to 100kts and that's it, and if it it's light it will go to about 30-40kts.

Any ideas?!

Mike Parker

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mike, are you talking about the acceleration for takeoff?  How do the gauges look? Try turning on the feature that shows controller position on the N1 dial and confirm you see what you expect to see.

My first guess is controller input.  P3Dv3 has a new DirectX compatible input for controllers, and most things will work directly without the need for FSUIPC for calibration.

Using FSUIPC?  If so, move its ini file to the desktop and see what happens. If no change then you can move it back.

Yes this was on acceleration for takeoff.

No idea what this was as it was only happening on one of the installed liveries. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and all working fine. Not sure what option was enabled via the FMC to make that happen.

Yes this was on acceleration for takeoff.

No idea what this was as it was only happening on one of the installed liveries. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and all working fine. Not sure what option was enabled via the FMC to make that happen.

Hi, Mike,

One possible explanation would be having Manual Throttle Overrides Autothrottle set to "Never." If you didn't use TOGA via the

switch or a key combination, it wouldn't accelerate very much. Only problem w/ this theory is it would affect all liveries.

Mike