Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Disappearing runways

I am currently working my way through my UK airfield list (in P3D v3) conducting test flights in the A2A Simulations Piper Cherokee 180, and I have noted that a handful of AFD grass runways disappear when I land. These (to date) are as follows....

EG29 Breighton (UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 2 version 2) - western end of AFD grass runway (and the adjacent AFD taxiway) disappears as I roll out after landing.

EGPS Peterhead Longside (Scotflight Photo) - I have added an AFD runway here, and this is visible from the cockpit. However, it disappears in Top Down view.

EG0E North Coates (UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 3) - entire runway disappears after touchdown. I also note that it is visible in external view from the south side, but invisible from the north side.

Is this a flatten/mesh issue? If so, how do I identify and resolve it?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am currently working my way through my UK airfield list (in P3D v3) conducting test flights in the A2A Simulations Piper Cherokee 180, and I have noted that a handful of AFD grass runways disappear when I land. These (to date) are as follows....

EG29 Breighton (UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 2 version 2) - western end of AFD grass runway (and the adjacent AFD taxiway) disappears as I roll out after landing.

EGPS Peterhead Longside (Scotflight Photo) - I have added an AFD runway here, and this is visible from the cockpit. However, it disappears in Top Down view.

EG0E North Coates (UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 3) - entire runway disappears after touchdown. I also note that it is visible in external view from the south side, but invisible from the north side.

Is this a flatten/mesh issue? If so, how do I identify and resolve it?

Have you got UT Europe installed. if so you need to deselect ut airports in the config manager.

bob

No, I don't have anything like that installed.

ok, just a thought, as I have UK 2000 volumes 1&2 install ( p3d v3 installers) with volume 3 called up from fsx. ( hoping for p3d v3 installer) anyways will run test on those airports.

bob

Had a look at it Christopher, get the same result, disappearing grass runways  at the same positions and at both EG32  ( Selby Breighton) and EGOE.( North Coates) odd thing is if I zoom out a little the runway reappears,

I'm running GEP3D and UT Europe, did disable ut Europe but didn't make any difference. 

bob

ps looking through the list of airports in the uk2000 options for vol2 I don't see the Selby airports listed.