Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Aerosoft Airbus A31x/A32x or PMDG 777-x, which one is more automated?

Between these 2, which one is easier to fly and more user friendly? I'm assuming the airbus is more automated compared to the 777.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

They are two completely different simulation approaches to yet another two completely different aircraft concepts, so, it's difficult to compare them.

Honestly, I think one who really want's to have the best modern Airbus simulation, for the flight dynamics and systems modeling itself, should wait a bit more for the FSLabs A32x, or invest ( if she / he is a professional ) in something like the standalone sim Airlinetools Flightdeck A32X.

For the Boeing simulation in FSX / P3D, IMO nothing comes even close to any offer by PMDG, and again IMO, by far the 777 is presently the "Queen" of their line of products, a sophisticated and highly detailed simulation which happens to be the only reason why I keep a civil flightsim installed ( P3Dv3 ) - simply to use PMDG's 777 200 LR, and looking forward for the release of their 744 / 748i v2...

But, Aerosoft's Airbus is still a very pleasant add-on to use, specially because it can be very didactic on learning the base of MCO in a simulated Airbus, with the interaction with your First Officer included by default. In that respect, it's a great product to have, even to train for the upcoming FSLabs A32x :_)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Also consider if you prefer a stick or a yoke. Even though the 777 is fly by wire having a yoke still gives it the sensation of actually flying a plane. The Airbus side stick has a very different feel to it.

I prefer yoke hence the reason why I chose the Cessna 150 when I went to flight school over the Katana that uses a stick. Both aircraft were available for similar price but I just like yokes over stick, it is just a personal preference though. 

Matthew Kane