Sign in to follow this  
avbuff00

spoiler axis steering

cannot get it to work plane will not turn it is checked in the  control panel I know I am doing something wrong additional info says fsx must be running in background and have to restart for changes to take effect have ( I think ) done all that any help appreciated thanks

You also need to have a joystick/device that is assigned to utilize the spoiler axis within the simulattor.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

So if I'm using a joystick with twist action and change it to spoiler axis under controls will the rudder still work?

Cause when i go to the Axes tab and change twist action to spoiler axis it removes the twist axis from the rudder axis.

Using P3D, majestic pro version and unregistered fsuipc.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

No. You cannot have the same physical axis mapped to multiple control axes without a registered copy of FSUIPC.

Joe Sherrill

• I too am having the very same issues.

• I do have fully registered latest version of FSUIPC and have set it to 'Normal Defaults'

• I have selected the switch for the tiller to be on, but still do not see any movement on it when I turn the yoke left or right, even after setting a spoiler axis assignment to the MS FF2 joystick.

Below are my FSUIPC settings. This setup works well for me. If you wanted to map rudder as well, you would need to do that via the "Axis Assignment" tab and calibrate via the "Calibration" tab.

YIF3Mh2.png?1

620bOdc.png?1

Joe Sherrill

Thanks for that, Joseph. Will try.

As you seems to be a bit more familiar with this aircraft than I am, why is it when making an approach she goes completely do-lally and goes into a spinning tumble?

Joseph

Could not get your 1st image settings in FSUIPC, but did manage your 2nd image.

However, I also noticed as per the image attached, in the Majestic Control Panel software, an option to set the Steering Control Mode via the Flight Controls panel. I tried that, and that too did not allow me to use my joystick aileron axis motions to turn that nose-wheel steering.

As she stands, unless someone can suggest a better idea, I cannot really use this aircraft if I cannot even get the nose-wheel to make turns.

Ah well, back to doing some more research in the hope that I will get there in the end.

Majestic.jpg

If you can't even get ailerons to work, then I'm at a loss. Make sure you hit apply, then reload the airplane. You might try posting on Majestic's forum.

I will note, however, that I was unable to get spoiler axis steering to work until I mapped it directly via FSUIPC. I had been doing this with my other controls for a while to get around the W8 bug where FSX would lose the joystick.

Joe Sherrill

Joseph

The ailerons work when I move my joystick, and the cockpit yoke moves accordingly depending which way I love the joystick, and I can visually see the ailerons moving accordingly. It's the nose wheel tiller which I thought could be linked to the aileron axis to thus turn the nose wheel. That's where I'm stuck.

I thought this was the Majestic forum. I wish I could map that steering via my FSUIPC.

Thanks for your tips, all the same.

Seriously though, is this aircraft capable of doing anything correctly in FSX-SE under Windows 10? Reason I ask is, using the various settings in its own Control Panel, e.g, Cold and Dark setting under Flight Config, and pressing the 'Apply' button, makes not the slightest difference as the OP discovered. The aircraft still starts in Default mode.

Maybe time to reflect that this, AFAIC, is a bad buy.

• Upvote 1