Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

Horizon VFR England V2/V3, Treescapes & UK2000scenery install order

I own all the above products for all of England and Wales. I have Full V2 DVDs and just update DVDs for V3, so I was wondering:

A. Is Treescapes fully compatible with both V2 and V3 Horizon VFR England? Do the trees align properly in V3 high rez areas? Or am I best to stick with V2 scenery for this?

B. In what order should I install these, to ensure the Trees are properly inserted in to the scenery? V2-Trees-V3update or V2-V3update-Trees?

C. I also own UK2000scenery airports (not the extreme version, just the normal ones) At what point should I install the airports scenery during the order shown in 'B'?

D. At what point should I apply all the various patches which are available to fix bugs in the various sceneries? After each product is installed, or all at the end, or other?

Finally:

E. Is there a correct order to install all the Horizon Scotland scenery? I've seen comments about visual joins between scenery products not looking right if the order isn't correct.

Cheers

SledDriver

I don't think install order really matters, it's scenery library order. So it should be

1) UK2000 Extreme

2) Any other UK2000 (e.g. VFR airfields)

3) Treescapes

4) Horizon VFR X

I don't own V3 but I don't see any reason the trees shouldn't line up as well as they do in V2, because in theory the images are in the same location just sharper.

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I think Horizon photo scenery should be installed before Trees, as Trees changes files in Horizons's GenX.

Rob Jones.