Sign in to follow this  
hiway

DB15 Connector to USB

Can the DB15 game port connector be successfully converted to USB?

I hope someone has experience with this.

Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On the presumption you have a Gameport joystick and want to connect it to the PC as a HID, I doubt it is simply a matter of wiring. Best bet would be to get a joystick controller like the Leo Bodnar BU0836X and re-route all the wires from the joystick to it, bypassing the Gameport interface. The Bodnar board presents as a HID, so it's all downhill from there.

Of course I may be wrong about the wiring. And maybe you mean something else entirely :)

Yes, I was reading about 50% success rate with the conversion cables. I hope to be upgrading my PC and most likley will be using Win 10. So maybe more problems with that.

Great to hear from you mark, these are rudder pedals, so, I'm guessing 4 pots only. If I got a board I would probably have inputs for some extra switches also.

Great to hear from you mark, these are rudder pedals, so, I'm guessing 4 pots only. If I got a board I would probably have inputs for some extra switches also.

Yes, the Bodnar board would give you five analogue inputs and 32 switches! It will cost you fifty quid, though :(