Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Best method making movies in X-plane 10.42

Hi everyone and happy holidays to all. :-)

If I wanted to create some movies in X-plane 10.42, what is the best method? I ask because some of the latest add ons don't work properly in playback, animations, sounds etc...  If I choose AVIs, I can't switch views other than when recording in real time..hence why I like the internal playback.  What are most using to accomplish this? I see movies of the new FF767, Jar A330, Rotate MD80 for example. I have tried with the Jar A330 in the past, but the new BBS sound pack won't work properly in the built in X-Plane playback. Can anyone suggest the best way for me to do this?  I was thinking Shadowplay by Nvidia, but I don't have the full software installed other than just the graphic driver to help system performance. Thanks in advance.  Again, Merry Christmas to all of my second family here at Avsim!

Best, Jeff

I was thinking Shadowplay by Nvidia, but I don't have the full software installed other than just the graphic driver to help system performance.

Shadowplay was best for recording X-Plane movies up until Nvidia removed "Allow desktop capture" from GeForce Experience software ...

Other video capturing software (Fraps etc.) have a pretty big performance hit when you start recording.

Regards,

Radek

You can record directly inside X-plane now, the only drawback is that it doesn't record sounds: 

http://developer.x-plane.com/2015/08/making-perfect-avis/

So if you use the playback feature (this means first you concentrate on the flight, then use playback to record the interesting parts from the ideal angle) it will slow down the sim allowing you to record without stuttering.

Why in the world did they remove that feature??

Actually, I was thinking if I reinstall my 350.12 drivers, but with the geforce experience software this time, it might have shadowplay still embedded, as I don't know which series drivers Nvidia removed the shadowplay feature. Not many options. I've used Fraps many years ago in FSX, and yes..horrible performance.  Thanks for your input guys. Much appreciated. :-)

Best, Jeff

This is probably over kill for the casual movie creator but I use the Elgato HD60. It is a hardware capture device that captures from your HDMI cable including sound if you have it directed through the video card.

http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Capture-PlayStation-gameplay-1080p/dp/B00MIQ40JQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451915299&sr=8-1&keywords=elgato+capture+hd60

Here is a sample video I did using it.

Mark

This is probably over kill for the casual movie creator but I use the Elgato HD60. It is a hardware capture device that captures from your HDMI cable including sound if you have it directed through the video card.

Mark

Looks really good Mark. Might be the ultimate setup right there, X-Camera and Elgato.

Why in the world did they remove that feature??

Good news!

NVidia decided to give us "Allow desktop capture" option back in GeForce Experience 2.10.x (beta at the moment).

New features:

• Windowed mode support** for Instant Replay, Record, Broadcast, and Screenshot.

• Desktop capture support** for Instant Replay, Record, Broadcast, and Screenshot.

This also requires latest 361.43 driver.

Regards,

Radek