Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

In search of the Northern Lights 5 (EKYT - ENCN)

In continuation of my tour up to Norway (Part 4 here), we take a flight from Aalborg, Denmark to Kristiansand, Norway

Well, it's been a long day visiting Aalborg, but now it's time to continue into Norway. It looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse, and it's overcast with a strong southernly wind (Which turns out in our favour).

We're lined up and ready to go at Aalborg (EKYT).

Car_C337_2.jpg

After take off we're hitting marginal VFR, so better keep below those clouds.
Car_C337_3.jpg

We can still see the ground, so still good
Car_C337_5.jpg

We leave the coast of Denmark and begin a 70nm journey over the water (Lucky I have two engines).
Car_C337_6.jpg

About halfway, the weather seems to improve, but the tailwind really gives a belt (and it's quite bumpy, but improves our progress)
Car_C337_7.jpg

After 20 minutes we spot land, and soon it will be time to begin our descent
Car_C337_8.jpg

Car_C337_12.jpg

Car_C337_14.jpg

Car_C337_15.jpg

Car_C337_17.jpg

The scenery here is quite spectacular and it looks like we've arrived just in time before sunset.
Car_C337_18.jpg

Car_C337_20.jpg

Car_C337_21.jpg

Car_C337_22.jpg

In the distance Kristiansand as we line up for the approach
Car_C337_24.jpg

Car_C337_25.jpg

Car_C337_26.jpg

Car_C337_27.jpg

Car_C337_28.jpg

Safely on the ground and I'm hungry again. Since I'm a VIP I can park wherever I want and not have to pay and worry and I get free fuel (Ahh, the beauty of flight simulation).
Car_C337_29.jpg

The beginning of our journey through Norway. At 59'N, we're still too far south for the Northern lights, but the journey to the arctic circle should be an enjoyable one with plenty of scenery. As long as the weather holds up.
Car_C337_30.jpg

For some bizarre reason my engines cut out on approach and I couldn't start them again. I managed to glide down and land, but couldn't work out what happened. At least it keep things interesting, and lucky it happened where it happened :-)

X-Plane 10, Carenado C337, Skymaxx Pro, Ortho4XP photoimagery for Denmark. W2XP Denmark Pro, W2XP Norway Pro (Under development)

• Upvote 4

Tony ,

Those sets are just amazing , your work is absloutly incredible.

"As Real As It Gets"

• Upvote 1