Sign in to follow this  
yvesamuel

StackHash_be7b error in Prepar3d.exe

Hello,

I have this error, and tested my memory as recommanded in a topic I found. Is's OK.

Any solution?

Thank's and best regards

Yves

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,

I have this error, and tested my memory as recommanded in a topic I found. Is's OK.

Any solution?

Thank's and best regards

Yves

There is no solution.  According to the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 15 (see link to guide in my signature):

StackHash – See also BEX and NTDLL.dll above. There is no module on your computer system named StackHash so no need to look for it. If the StackHash is shown as the faulting module, it will have four characters next to it like StackHash_0a9e.  That represents the memory address of where the fault occurred. Do not try to look for it.  You will not find it. There is no known solution (except one) to BEX/StackHash errors other than reinstalling Windows and FSX but some have accidently fixed their problem by lowering fsx/display driver settings, rebuilding the FSX.cfg, changing voltages/overclocking settings in the BIOS, disabling all scenery add-ons in the Scenery Library, and/or shutting down FSX only in Windowed Mode and starting up in Windowed Mode but never in Full Screen.

The guidance above applies to P3D, FSX-SE, and FS9 too.  If you recently upgraded your video card drivers, suspect that as the cause.  If you recently overclocked your computer or changed a setting in your BIOS, suspect that as the cause.

In regards to memory testing, I've used all of the memory testing programs on the Internet, like Prime95 and the IntelBurnTest, and have passed them all with no issues whatsoever.  I pushed the settings to the max to cause to put the most pressure possible on my system.  Then I ran FSX and P3D.  Wham!  Get a StackHash or a freeze or a CTD.  So, just because your system passed a memory or system benchmark program, it does not mean there is no problem with your BIOS settings or your P3D or FSX settings.  In fact, they should all be suspected.  I got several StackHash errors using FSX and, when I could not find a solution, I reinstalled Windows and then FSX and the problem went away. 

Good luck with your investigation of the issue on your computer.

Best regards,

As Jim says, it could mean almost anything went wrong to cause the exception.

Why not check some prerequisites that may be worth going over: Have you installed addons, and if so have you installed the three legacy simconnect .msi versions from \redist? Another possibility, if you did not install P3D in a user folder, have you enabled write permission for the Users group on the P3D program files folder?

All the best.

Hi,

A very nice 2016...

Finaly, I reinstalled Windows and P3D.

And it works nicely.

Thank's for help

Yves