Sign in to follow this  
aua668

ASN SP4 B5833 wrong wind in LPPT

LPPT 011400Z 23020G30KT 9999 FEW008 BKN012 16/15 Q1017

Decoded textual weather for LPPT

Wind: 320 at 20 knots gusting to 30 (wind direction forced by ATC lock)
Visibility: 10+ SM (9999+ m)
Clouds: Few at 800 feet, Broken at 1200 feet
Temperature: 16,0C
Dewpoint: 15,0C
Precipitation: None reported
Altimeter: 1017 mb (30,03 inches)

This station includes complete surface weather information, interpolation disabled.

Original metar of the stations: 
LPPT 011400Z 23020G30KT 9999 FEW008 BKN012 16/15 Q1017

Hi,

I use ASN SP4 B5833 with P3D 2.5 under Win 7-64. I just departed from LPPT. All weather sources showed wind from 230. Also in the METAR string in ASN this was shown. But wind was interpreted and depicted as 320@16.

Could you please check?

Rgds

Reinhard

This is just an interesting story related to this topic. I'm not really looking for a solution, as I've had hundreds of flights without this issue. I was practicing for an actual X-Country Flight I intend to do later this month: KETB KMSN KDBQ KJVL KETB. I was using P3d v3.2 and Active Sky Next 4.1. I flew the legs consecutively, loading the next flight plan right after exiting the active at each of the airports on the route. On leg 3 I flew a standard pattern for runway 32. When I turned on base, I noticed that I was having to crab considerably to hold my course. When I turned on final I wasn't seeming to make any progress toward the runway (I was in A2A's C172). I used Foreflight to check my ground speed, and it read 24 knots I raised my flaps and gave it a little more gas. The wind seemed to pick up as I approached the runway. At full power I was able to touch down with a ground speed of 12 knots. In Active Sky the Metar was showing wind 300/100. The actual Metar for KJVL at the time was 300/10. Resetting P3d and Active Sky fixed the problem. Talk about wrong wind!