Sign in to follow this  
Rockliffe

Cannot assign buttons

Hi guys, Bryan, I am having an issue which seems to be rather odd. I have been running FS2Crew with the NGX for a few years now without any problems whatsoever, but last week I got my hands on a PFC Yoke, which incidentally is awesome. It's a used yoke, but in lovely condition. Anyway, I am currently reassigning all my buttons for each of my aircraft, most of the time with no problems. However, I have run into an issue when trying to assign the main and secondary buttons with FS2 Crew in the NGX. I have done so successfully through the usual process in the FSX control panel, however, I am finding that although the assignment is recognised in FSX, it only seems to work in FS2Crew when the controller is activated in FSX. I have always flown with the box unticked in FSX to prevent conflicting with other software. Is there some help you can offer Bryan, or anyone? Appreciated, cheers.  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

If you have the registered version of fsuipc, you can assign these commands through it. I don't use the button version of fs2crew but the buttons for the main panel and mute functions are both assigned through fsuipc on my yoke and it works like a charm.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

If you have the registered version of fsuipc, you can assign these commands through it. I don't use the button version of fs2crew but the buttons for the main panel and mute functions are both assigned through fsuipc on my yoke and it works like a charm.

Ahhh, OK, thanks Romain. Well, I have assigned the main button using the alternate static, but for the life of me I can't find propellor sync, that's used for the secondary button. Any ideas?

Are you looking for it in the normal fsx commands or in fsuipc? 

If you cannot find it in fsuipc, then you can assign a key in fsx that you assign then to the button in fsuipc.

Are you looking for it in the normal fsx commands or in fsuipc? 

If you cannot find it in fsuipc, then you can assign a key in fsx that you assign then to the button in fsuipc.

No problem, I've found it. It was called 'toggle' prop sync! Got there in the end. Thanks very much Romain, appreciated.