Sign in to follow this  
klamal

FSUIPC set null zone on axis sent to fs as normal axis?

Hello,

I've done some searching and experimentation but can't quite seem to find a way to get a null zone for an axis that is configured in FSUIPC as "send to fs as normal axis".  Can this be done even?  Or the fact that it's sent to fs as normal means FSUIPC doesn't intercept or have no way to apply anything then?  Currently, it's almost impossible to hit the dead center area on this axis so that I can taxi straight.

I have a joystick that I use as my rudder but it has a "noisy" axis of course.  I've tried having FSUIPC calibrate it but, this is for the NGX.  So, when I do that, the NGX doesn't like it - the rudder will not move at all.  Maybe there's something wrong there for me, I don't know?  But the only way I can get it to work in the NGX is to send as normal axis.  I'm open to either option.  If FSUIPC should be able to control that axis and the NGX actually listen to that, then I can go back to trying to figure that out.  Or, otherwise, how do I get a null zone on a "sent to fs as normal axis"?

Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've done some searching and experimentation but can't quite seem to find a way to get a null zone for an axis that is configured in FSUIPC as "send to fs as normal axis".  Can this be done even?  Or the fact that it's sent to fs as normal means FSUIPC doesn't intercept or have no way to apply anything then?  Currently, it's almost impossible to hit the dead center area on this axis so that I can taxi straight.

Questions like this about FSUIPC are really best directed to the FSUIPC Support Forum, but I'll answer it here now, just this time.

FSUIPC's calibration is the place to go for calibration including null centre zones. This only didn't work in P3D versio 3.0 because of an omission by L-M, but I'm pretty sure that's been fixed in 3.1.

FSUIPC has always provided calibration facilities for the main control axes no matter how or where they are assigned. It is just generally more efficient to assign them "direct" because otherwise they are sent to FS and then FSUIPC intercepts them fo calibration.

The only time when no calibration can be used, and realy mainly for throttles, is in some add-on aircraft where the code in the aircraft is designed to intercpet the controls at the same level as FSUIPC. PMDG 737NGX and probably 777X come to mind. Not sure about the Aerosoft Airbus.

I have a joystick that I use as my rudder but it has a "noisy" axis of course.  I've tried having FSUIPC calibrate it but, this is for the NGX.  So, when I do that, the NGX doesn't like it - the rudder will not move at all.

Hmm. As far as I am aware the PMDG aircraft doesn't do anything odd with the rudder axis, so it should work fine. Doesn't it work with Direct assignment either? I wonder if this is specific to P3D.

Pete

Kudos for taking the time out to answer that one personally Mr D. 

Complete Professional.

Questions like this about FSUIPC are really best directed to the FSUIPC Support Forum, but I'll answer it here now, just this time.

FSUIPC's calibration is the place to go for calibration including null centre zones. This only didn't work in P3D versio 3.0 because of an omission by L-M, but I'm pretty sure that's been fixed in 3.1.

FSUIPC has always provided calibration facilities for the main control axes no matter how or where they are assigned. It is just generally more efficient to assign them "direct" because otherwise they are sent to FS and then FSUIPC intercepts them fo calibration.

The only time when no calibration can be used, and realy mainly for throttles, is in some add-on aircraft where the code in the aircraft is designed to intercpet the controls at the same level as FSUIPC. PMDG 737NGX and probably 777X come to mind. Not sure about the Aerosoft Airbus.

First of all, thanks so much for answering here.  I forgot all about the FSUIPC forum.  So I really appreciate it.

Second, I didn't realize that we could still calibrate with FSUIPC and still send to fs as normal axis.  I was thinking that was an exclusive thing.  So, I just calibrated in FSUIPC now and am about to take my first flight with the new settings.

Hmm. As far as I am aware the PMDG aircraft doesn't do anything odd with the rudder axis, so it should work fine. Doesn't it work with Direct assignment either? I wonder if this is specific to P3D.

Yeah, unless I did something wrong here, I could not get the rudder to move at all if I did direct assignment.  So I'm not sure if this is something that's a P3D specific problem then or what.