Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Still Waiting on Aerosoft 777 Update

Hello Guys,

It has been 17 days since the PMDG 777 update was released and Aerosoft has not made accommodations for those who purchased the program from them to get the update.

Roberts release day post said that they would have it out after Christmas.  Can PMDG provide me assistance or put a push on Aerosoft to release the update.

Regards

Randy Smith

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

is that ver 1.10.7025

Randy

It is online on aerosoft support since yesterday ! but it take time to download it (many people online) good luck

Christian 

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

It has been 17 days since the PMDG 777 update was released and Aerosoft has not made accommodations for those who purchased the program from them to get the update.

Roberts release day post said that they would have it out after Christmas.  Can PMDG provide me assistance or put a push on Aerosoft to release the update.

Randy,

The update was released on the 1st, so that would be 14 days. Either way, the delay is really in your best interest:

After release, we found that the update introduced a few issues. In order to not cause a logistical nightmare for Aerosoft, we usually release to our direct customers first to be sure there aren't any issues. Since we found a few issues resulting from how FSX:SE reports its presence in the registry (an important issue for some of our functions to work properly), and an odd window issue, we decided to fix those issues before sending the update over. This usually results in only sending them a single version of the installer, and they don't have to update the installer multiple times (cuts down on their workload, and any potential miscommunication of which installer is the latest, etc). This also simplifies the install process and experience for you as well. You go to Aerosoft once; you download once; you install once.

As someone who wants everything 5 minutes ago, I understand not wanting to wait. When one buys through a third party, though, a step is added between that person and the developer. This will cause delays in certain cases. This is one of those cases.

is that ver 1.10.7025

I haven't checked the site recently, but they usually put the version number on the site to the left of the download link.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers