Sign in to follow this  
timkmco

Win 10 full screen alt menu

I've installed Win 10 along with Fs9 on two laptops and 7 months later this still isn't fixed. The bug when you are in full screen and you it the alt key to bring up the menu and the whole screen goes dark, if you want to to get to the menu you have to go to windowed mode first. Well this just won't do. Especially if youre running FSNavigator. Win 10 basically breaks Fs9. Any fixes for thia? I'm going to cross post this in the FS9 so hope that's ok. I need to find an answer to this.

You already know the only fix, which is to toggle to windowed mode and back using Alt+Enter. Rolling back to Windows 8/8.1 won't cure it, as the same issue exists there too. You would need to roll back to Windows 7, Vista or XP to get the "normal" full screen menu back.

You already know the only fix, which is to toggle to windowed mode and back using Alt+Enter. Rolling back to Windows 8/8.1 won't cure it, as the same issue exists there too. You would need to roll back to Windows 7, Vista or XP to get the "normal" full screen menu back.

No it works fine in Win 8.1. No issues whatsoever. It's just Win 10. If I don't find a fix I'll go back to Win 8.1. I just can't believe that after 7 months this isn't fixed. Win 10 is so buggy everywhere else too. It's one conuminous beta.

So, why did you change?  This is the MO of new operating system releases ...... also ..... new isn't always "better" ..... as in video drivers, etc.  Live and learn ..... and roll back before it's too late!  The end is coming soon.

You will just have to get used to the fact that Microsoft's world does not revolve around the, now, 12/13 years old FS2004.  They certainly ain't gonna fix this problem - ever!  As the previous poster says - if it ain't broke in Win7 ....

Dijvid

Does FSX have the same problem? Yeah Ill stick with  8.1

I'm running Windows 10, and FSX-SE, and no.

For me always FS9 smoothly, not black screen.

What will I write below is for FSX-SE:

I had trouble early Windows 10.
So after a cumulative update problem disappeared in 2015.
Then in November 2015 with version 1511 problem returned.
In early January 2016 changed video card, old 6950, current R9280, then driver Crimson version 15.12 solves problem again.
I tested R9280 with Catalyst driver, problem arises.
During period with problem used Pseudo Full Screen, solves problem.
Now open FSX-SE settings, running full screen, no black screen, menus work normal.
Do not use  P3D, or FSX box so I can not comment on them problem.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

FSX Forum