Sign in to follow this  
Guest fastdraw

Info on Blue Angels, Please!

Guest fastdraw

I'm trying to get to an airshow soon and I think I read this somewhere that the Thunderbirds always open the show and the Bue Angels always close the show. Is this true? I won't make the start but if they close the show I'll see them!!Thanks for responding!

I can't answer your question, but what airshow are you going to?:-)

Fastdraw: Huh?? What date are you talking about? I don't see any in the posted dates remaining where both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds perform at the same airshow!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Captain Barfbag

We have an airshow here at KBED (Hanscom Field, Bedford, MA) every few years. It's usually the T-birds, but we had the Angels once a few years back. I've never seen both groups at the same show, either. The featured group does always close the show.Our shows are typically Saturday and Sunday, and sometimes we get performances both days. Something to look for is the "practice" session, which is usually held on Friday afternoon at KBED. It's a shortened version of their program, which I assume they do to get an idea of visual landmarks, airspace restrictions, etc.If you can, though, take in the whole show. There are a lot of neat demos. The Army's Golden Knights parachute team is fun to watch, particularly when you realize that they're doing some of the same stunts as the fliers, but without the benefit of airplanes. Harriers, Warthogs, Stealth Fighters and old bi-planes round out the mix.

Guest fastdraw

Hi Guys, thanks for the news.The airshow is this weekend in Niagara Falls, only the Blue Angels are appearing. That doesn't sound right, always putting my foot in it. LOLIt's just I thought I heard somewhere that the Tbirds always open their shows. If the Blues finish the show I'll make it. The airshow site doesn't give the performing order.Thanks again

Guest Bambi

>Hi Guys, thanks for the news.>The airshow is this weekend in Niagara Falls, only the Blue>Angels are appearing. That doesn't sound right, always>putting my foot in it. LOL>It's just I thought I heard somewhere that the Tbirds always>open their shows. If the Blues finish the show I'll make it. >The airshow site doesn't give the performing order.>Thanks again Typically the Angels will close the show and be the last ones totake to the air, usually around the 3pm time frame.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

>>"The featured group does always close the show."Not always the csse. It depends on air traffic of near by airports(commerical). Last show they did at Barbers Point the Angels flew at Noon as to not interfear with the 3-5pm peak time of Honolulu International.And I think the only duel service shows you'd see would be the Army Golden Knights and T-Birds or Golden Knights and the Blues. There The Knights would open the show as they would be bringing in the US Flag for the National Anthem and the start of the show.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest Captain Barfbag

Uncertainty in scheduling is all the more reason to get there early and take in the whole show! There is a strong temptation to park a few miles away, park your blanket and lawn chairs in a field, and enjoy the show from a distance. But, you'll miss a lot of the static demos and photo ops, and the show really is tailored for the crowd at the base, particularly the low passes. Living a few miles from Hanscom (KBED) I've done it both ways many times. The Angels fly right over my house, albeit at high altitude. The best solution I've found is to bicycle in, because they let you park bikes a lot closer than cars, and it's easy to skirt the traffic.And, it might surprise you to discover that they actually sell beer at some of the shows. Decent beer. Cheap.

Guest fastdraw

Thanks again guysI have to drive for 7 hours to get there so a bike is out of the question or I'd better leave now. LOL:-jumpy

Guest P3_Super_Bee

>Uncertainty in scheduling is all the more reason to get there>early and take in the whole show! There is a strong>temptation to park a few miles away, park your blanket and>lawn chairs in a field, and enjoy the show from a distance. >But, you'll miss a lot of the static demos and photo ops, and>the show really is tailored for the crowd at the base,>particularly the low passes. Living a few miles from Hanscom>(KBED) I've done it both ways many times. The Angels fly>right over my house, albeit at high altitude. The best>solution I've found is to bicycle in, because they let you>park bikes a lot closer than cars, and it's easy to skirt the>traffic.>>And, it might surprise you to discover that they actually sell>beer at some of the shows. Decent beer. Cheap.Or simpily work at the Hangar right next to show central (parking) and know a couple of guys in the Blues. (tickets to their VIP seating) :) ....

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest glnflwrs

Fastdraw,You could just go to my picture gallery and see the Blue Angel pics there. There are some taken by the pilots while in formation. Then you wouldn't need to go to the show. Hehehe!! Lots more pics too.http://www.airplanecards.com/gallery/glnflwrsGlenn Flowers

'97 at Edwards the TBirds also didn't close the show. Might have been because it was themed for 50 years of supersonic flight and 50 years USAF so it was a special event (General Yeager flying in in a P51 was one of the last appearances).

Guest fastdraw

Yes, Glenn, went to your site and pics. Feel like I've been there already.Thanks