Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

FS Global 2010 FTX for Version 3.1

I am wondering if someone can help me.

I have recently purchased the above via 6 DVD discs

I downloaded the discs with no issues but the problem occurs when trying to complete the install.

I select P3D  v3.0 as my version although I am running 3.1,I then select all continents,then select C Drive for the installation and then get the following message;

'An error ocurred whilst executing install action # 149 installation will be rolled back.

I checked in my scenery library and the entries were there but they were marked as errors as the path did not exsist.

I am some what perplexed and do not know where to go from here and any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Also,within my P3D where should  FS Global 2010 FTX be situated?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Michael

Michael Broom

There is BIG difference between V3.0 and V3.1.    V3.1 has separate folders for everything ie P3D, SIMOBJECTS, GAUGES, EFFECTS whereas 2.0 and 3.0 had everything inside the P3DV3 folder.    FS Global 2010 for FTX was designed to work with Microsoft FSX and Lockheed Martins Prepar3D 1.4 and Prepar3D 2.0.   Not sure how or if you can do this.  Maybe ask the party from whom you purchased it if there is a loader for 3.1.

I have it installed on 3.1. Default installation steps no issues. However I have the downloaded version.

Is it possible its a bad disc, maybe clean it a bit or copy the files to disk and try installing from it.

It makes no difference WHERE you have it installed as long as you have the entries in your scenery library. There are some with FSX and P3D running side by side with only 1 folder for FSG2010. IF the files have unpacked correctly, you can manually add them to the scenery library within P3D.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi stratfordman10

Just for info

I had FS Global 2010 FTX bought via 6 discs from FlightSimStore for Microsoft Flight Sim FSX two years ago.

Installed fine.

Tried to download the updated FS Global 2010 FTX files from FlightSimStore for my P3Dv3.1.

Not technically competent enough to achieve success -creating folders,unzipping etc though new files were there and available.

Reordered the 6 discs and paid again-counted as a new order.

Installed perfectly into P3Dv3.1

Expensive way to do it but job done!

xxd09

Thanks for your reply and pleased that you were able to download via the 6 discs.

As a matter of interest once you had completed the download could you let me know how you finished the rest of the install process because this is where I cam unstuck.

Many thanks.

Michael

Michael Broom

Hi stratfordman 10

No download involved.

Can have FS Global as a Download or slightly more expensive option of 6 DVD-ROMs

Just installed via 6 discs option as I did for my Microsoft Flight Sim two years ago

BUT the current/new 6 disc order has the P3Dv3.1 installer included.

Expensive because had to place a second new order but worth it for me

xxd09