Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

XP Lighting In FSX Pics

FPS are a non-issue either, same as with VAS,
our customers get educated and learn the controls we put in place; they use and work with to control any situation;
as i mentioned before; brows our forums here on our support forums and you will notice that our customers don’t have FPS issues either,

P3D putting their know how in their platform; made a huge leap in performance, and their only getting better with every release!
the issues we mostly support today are related to mixing with other sceneries; or initial installation and setup issues,
i can honestly look back and say our guys really learned our product over the time;

it’s interesting that you brought these questions up because; i haven’t really thought about it myself,
the conclusion made me smile with a little sense of pride :smile:

i don’t think Rhumbaflappy (Dick) ever made 3D lights,
i think i remember him discussing something about lights somewhere;
these were scasm lights; which are no longer supported in P3D; since v2.3,

are you maybe referring to Farfy's 3D light models?
in small numbers they work great; they’re not suitable for a massive formation,

if you call a 100 or even a 1000 of our 3D lights you won’t notice them either;
only... we render millions of them in every region! and we pull a 60Nm radius around you at any given time,
this takes allot of considerations and attention to every little minute detail; otherwise we couldn’t do what we do,
don’t forget we also did this initially on FSX; with no external dev support (accept later on from Steve's DX10!);
today we have P3D dev team that puts it all together beautifully; allot of the credit goes to them as well for the advances we enjoy today!

Thanks for the reply Chris. What about FPS issues since you said VAS wasn't a concern if set up properly?

Also, any thing regarding the lights I mentioned developed by Rumbaflappy?

Jose, sorry for high jacking you thread. Great photos you posted.

No problem Sean. Chris is part of our AVSIM family.

I bought Florida night environment when it was released, but it did not work with FTX Global. I'm sure that it will work with default or GSX. I also had a drop in fps. I reset my computer and never installed it again. I now have a fully loaded FSX and XP 10.4 working nicely.

Let me know if you want my Florida Night Environment. I do not need it.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

im still waiting for when you reinstall and ready to give her anoher go Jose :wink:

i know you got bit frustrated back then; shame that you gave up,

im ready when you are,

you want hold on to your region; somthing tells me it wil come handy for you soon :)

im still waiting for when you reinstall and ready to give her anoher go Jose :wink:

i know you got bit frustrated back then; shame that you gave up,

im ready when you are,

you want hold on to your region; somthing tells me it wil come handy for you soon :)

I'll get excited when you make this lighting product (and installer) fully compatible with FTX Global.

i tried to explain back then; it’s not an issues of compatibility between the two addons,
NE and FTX are compatible; it was FTX who didn’t behave as expected (leaking excluded lights);

it is a known fact that these lights don’t do what is expected; you switch them off and they stay on!

the alternative was to manually disable them; but that freaked you out bit at the time; which is ok;
i just felt bad you sort of gave up on it half way through setting up; we had maybe a step or two left to complete;
you were bit uncomfortable with process; i didn’t want to push if you weren’t comfortable.

if you do change your mind and want to give it another go; I’m happy to go through with you again and again until you’re happy with your setup :)

Let me know if you want my Florida Night Environment. I do not need it.

Hey, yeah thanks for the offer. Don't know how you could gift it too me though or if Chris would allow it. I'd surely take you up on it so that I could try them in an area that I actually fly. If I like them and don't notice any adverse effects then I would surely bu more for the states or areas that I fly.

i don’t think Rhumbaflappy (Dick) ever made 3D lights,

i think i remember him discussing something about lights somewhere;

these were scasm lights; which are no longer supported in P3D; since v2.3,

are you maybe referring to Farfy's 3D light models?

in small numbers they work great; they’re not suitable for a massive formation,

Thanks for the info Chris.

Yes, Dick make a set and posted the download link in the scenery design forum years ago. Then another guy used his formula and posted another set on FSDeveloper with different colors.

If I recall they were scasm which worked fine in FSX. I had actually though I would try to devise a way to use them by inserting the GUID code into the road sections in my scenery.cfg to see if I could auto populate the roads with them but never tried it.

Not sure who Farfy is or his lights so I can't comment.

Well you've piqued my interest. For some reason I thought you had done Texas already but don't see it on your sight. Also, like Jose, I use FTX Global so I'm guessing there is some manual adjustments that need to be made?

I also had some confusion on the v1 versus v1.7 or v2 versions. I don't want to buy a version that isn't as good then have to pay again for an upgrade to get the better set for a region.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey, yeah thanks for the offer. Don't know how you could gift it too me though or if Chris would allow it. I'd surely take you up on it so that I could try them in an area that I actually fly. If I like them and don't notice any adverse effects then I would surely bu more for the states or areas that I fly.

If Chris approves the gift, it's yours! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Thanks Jose. I'll owe you a dinner the next time I'm in Ft Lauderdale or Miami. You like Cuban?

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Jose. I'll owe you a dinner the next time I'm in Ft Lauderdale or Miami. You like Cuban?

I'm in Tampa and I do love Cuban food. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Well you've piqued my interest. For some reason I thought you had done Texas already but don't see it on your sight. Also, like Jose, I use FTX Global so I'm guessing there is some manual adjustments that need to be made?

I also had some confusion on the v1 versus v1.7 or v2 versions. I don't want to buy a version that isn't as good then have to pay again for an upgrade to get the better set for a region.

we haven’t made Texas yet, it is planned and is going to be a big one,

to add to your confusion; ill add to the mix our v1.8

to clarify about our version; we currently have 3 standards to our program,

our older version v1.0/.1/.2 (everything in this version is soon to be updated to v1.71)

our newest version and standard is v1.71 with NEXM and P3D v3 support installers,

our most advance standards are expressed via v2.0; we only rendered France and Paris so far to our highest v2.0 standards,

this project taken our group over a full year to complete; we used everything we learned over time and associated it with v2.0,

in the future we will render more regions to v2.0 standards; but it will take a very long time and will only be applied to curtain regions,

we will continue releasing all our future regions at v1.71/.8 standard as our base; while slowly over time adding a v2.0 to higher volume regions,

we do have an additional update due for v1.71 regions line,

after they are all brought up to v1.71; they will also get an additional update to v1.8,

v1.8 will bring the same General section features we included in v2.0 standard’s to existing v1.71 regions,

anyone who owns our any of our regions is eligible for all updates we release; we have cared to all our loyal customers who been with us since v1.0,

none of them had to pay anything since they purchased their region initially; regardless of price increase or version,

we don’t just publish updates with v1.71; updating from v1.0/.1/.2 requires a complete new version installer,

all our customers have been given this for free!

and so will be v1.8 update, a new full installer; not just an update patch, all out existing customers are eligible for this; and download their new copy from their vendor when we make these releases,

you guys are sweet,

but i am in no position to approve such gesture;

i am the developer but not the publisher!

(in a way i am Aerosoft’s employee)

i have offered the admins here on AVSIM and i will stand by it!

i am happy to donate a Night Environment region every month to a friendly pic competition or something in those lines,

(this is a pure private donation from me to the community; i ask for nothing in return, no advertisement, or endorsements of any kind, a pure donation from me personally back to the community!)

we have been doing this for over a year now for Mutley's Hangar; the winner of a monthly pic competition gets NE region of his choice!