Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Just Flight DH 104 Dove missing sound files in P3D?

JF released their DH 104 Dove several days ago. It is in many ways an excellent aircraft model and the reviews of most purchasers are positive. The general sounds are good as well. However many users have noticed that there is no startup sound sequence (there should be the Starter running followed by the engine coughing and starting up before it settles down to run at idle). If you take a look in the Dove Sound folder you will find that the  starter soundfiles are referenced in the sound.cfg but the starter wav's themselves are missing in the sound folder. This has been reported to the JF support team who have responded that the missing files are in fact default FSX and P3D sound files that should be in the general SOUND folder, not in the Sound folder for the aircraft. The missing files are:

filename=ms_starter_left
filename=xms_starter_left
filename=ms_starter_right
filename=xms_starter_right

I have checked my P3D2.5 and v3 Sound folders and do not find these files.  FSX users have also not found these files. JF have suggested that if the files are not there that our installations must be faulty. Would like to ask if other P3D users would help by checking your general Sound folder to see if these 4 files are there are not. It doesn't matter if you have installed the JF Dove are not, JF believes these to be default files carried over from FSX by LM and used in the default P3D.

Thanks for the help.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

They are not in my P3D v. 2.5 and not in FSX-SE sound folder.

Greetings  Kurt

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

I have searched all folders of P3D v3.1 and there are no such files.

The same for FSX Gold edition...

They are not in my P3D v. 2.5 and not in FSX-SE sound folder.

Greetings  Kurt

I have searched all folders of P3D v3.1 and there are no such files.

The same for FSX Gold edition...

Thanks for feedback. And an update from JustFlight: they have now acknowledged the files do not exist and said this will be rectified in a SP to be issued shortly. If you are interested in  a classic small prop airliner I can vouch that this is an excellent model with a couple of issues that JF says will be addressed in the upcoming SP.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049