Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Reboot Hanging P3Dv3.1

Hello everyone, 

I just purchased FS2Crew Reboot I have had some issues with this for some reason. At first it was working fine I followed the tutorial got all the way up to the cruise portion of the flight and then I went out of the sim via ALT+Enter and when I came back it hanged, at first I thought it was tied to the descent checklist as it was where I had the crash on the FS2Crew Menu. Then I went into the flight got to cruise again, I walked away from the computer leaving P3D up on the screen I was about 10 feet away from the PC and I saw the sim running, it wasn't until much later that I noticed that the clock was not moving so I clicked on the screen it turned hazy white and it then hung I had to force close it, the interesting thing is that it does not give me an actual error code. 

I uninstalled FS2Crew, went into the NGX and I cannot replicate it with the NGX. Then I installed it again (Deleting the FS2Crew2010 folder) I went into the NGX went into the settings menu, when I come back it hangs the sim. Its as if it hangs anytime I loose focus from the flight screen. 

I am lost and don't know what to try.

NGX Reboot 1.1 SOP1 Voice
NGX 737-600/700/800/900
P3D 3.1
Windows 7 64BIT UAC set to never notify
Nvidia GTX970 DSR 4X running 3200x1800

Addons running 
HIFI ASN SP4
Scenery 
Sunsky PHL
LatinVFR RSW

Here is the error report I found on the event viewer showing me the hang

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Application Hang 

- EventID 1002 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 101 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2016-02-01T22:36:12.000000000Z 

EventRecordID 2733 

Channel Application 

Computer AlcidesSegovia 

Security 

- EventData 

Prepar3D.exe 
   01d15d3e8050e447 
   D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe 
   2b36558f-c934-11e5-9e96-1078d2da087b 
   55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binary data:

In Words

0000: 006E0055 006E006B 0077006F 0000006E 
0008: 0000    

In Bytes

0000: 55 00 6E 00 6B 00 6E 00   U.n.k.n.
0008: 6F 00 77 00 6E 00 00 00   o.w.n...
0010: 00 00                 

I also found this one a few seconds before the hang

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID> 
  <Level>4</Level> 
  <Task>0</Task> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-02-01T22:17:49.000000000Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>2731</EventRecordID> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>AlcidesSegovia</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data /> 
  <Data>0</Data> 
  <Data>PCA2</Data> 
  <Data>Not available</Data> 
  <Data>0</Data> 
  <Data>FS2Crew_NGX_Reboot_Configurator.exe</Data> 
  <Data>1.0.0.0</Data> 
  <Data>FS2Crew_737_NGX_Configurator</Data> 
  <Data>FS2Crew_737_NGX_Configurator</Data> 
  <Data>Ȁ̂</Data> 
  <Data>200</Data> 
  <Data>-1</Data> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data>C:\Users\Alcides Segovia\AppData\Local\Temp\{ef42d96a-ac0c-48b4-b55a-fedf257fe80f}\appcompat.txt C:\Users\Alcides Segovia\AppData\Local\Temp\TabBFF7.tmp</Data> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data>0</Data> 
  <Data>a0896429-c931-11e5-9e96-1078d2da087b</Data> 
  <Data>0</Data> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Please help, I am going to try uninstalling the NGX and reinstalling it to see if that helps

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Just did another test, I thought it might have been ASN so I left it off, got as far as Engine Start when I requested GSX to request push back it hanged again. I could see the tow truck load and then it just hung as the textures where being loaded, the thing is that I never experienced this before with GSX prior to Fs2Crew

++++ UPDATE +++++

Uninstalled Fs2Crew tried the exact same scenario and no hang it worked fine. Now in the air no hangs

Signature.png

Is that the trigger?  Try doing a flight without using ALT ENTER.

No unfortunately I am having a hard time finding the trigger, at first I believed it was when I exited full screen, but in my later test calling GSX CNTRL F12 menu also hanged the app, I disabled FS2Crew by uninstalling and did the exact same steps and GSX did not hang. 

I have also have it hang when I exit the menu like settings, when I go back to the main menu it hangs and I have to force close it. 

Signature.png

No unfortunately I am having a hard time finding the trigger, at first I believed it was when I exited full screen, but in my later test calling GSX CNTRL F12 menu also hanged the app, I disabled FS2Crew by uninstalling and did the exact same steps and GSX did not hang. 

I have also have it hang when I exit the menu like settings, when I go back to the main menu it hangs and I have to force close it. 

Try re-installing P3D cleanly.  Ensure you have the latest version.

Ensure all your audio/video drivers are up-to-date.

We have a very large number of P3D users who don't have issues who also use GSX.

Sorry, I'm grasping at straws a bit.

Try re-installing P3D cleanly.  Ensure you have the latest version.

Ensure all your audio/video drivers are up-to-date.

We have a very large number of P3D users who don't have issues who also use GSX.

Sorry, I'm grasping at straws a bit.

Ah man I really do not want to reinstall P3D again, I literally installed a clean PC like 2 weeks ago. Im downloading my Realtek Driver as I type and I already updated my Nvidia Driver. I am going to see what happens in a few minutes, after reinstalling with the Audio driver I plan to reinstall the NGX Reboot again. 

Signature.png

Sounds like a power management issue? Set power scheme to high performance and go to your USB controllers and disable sleep states especially for your soundcard...

Lots of problems caused by this esp on long hauls where user is afk and the PC starts putting stuff into standby.

On a fresh install of the OS this is where i would start to look as the OS defaults some fairly aggressive power management by default.

Thanks @Slayer

I fixed it. I reinstalled the Realtek audio driver with the latest version. Reinstalled the video card driver. Disabled all unused audio output sources. Reinstalled NGX then Fs2crew. Have done 5 flights successfully with out changing anything else. One of those steps fixed it, which ? Who knows.

Signature.png

I fixed it. I reinstalled the Realtek audio driver with the latest version. Reinstalled the video card driver. Disabled all unused audio output sources. Reinstalled NGX then Fs2crew. Have done 5 flights successfully with out changing anything else. One of those steps fixed it, which ? Who knows.

Glad you got it resolved!