Sign in to follow this  
tonymerry

No voice for landing altitudes

I have ticked all the boxes for call outs of the final landing altitudes, but don't get any call outs. All other replies etc as per the book. I tried replacing the call outs with those in the pmdg set up but those don't work either. Are the two programmes cancelling each other out, or am I not doing something right on the approach?

Any suggestions appreciated.   Tonym

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Tony,

Which specific call outs are you expecting?

Thanks,

Hi Bryan

Call outs I would like are 1000ft on approach, 500ft & 100 above. None of these are forthcoming in SP1, so at the moment I have the pmdg call outs activated. I have the "Approach "checklist completed & the "Landing" checklist works O.K. So am at a loss to know why the call outs don't work.

Tonym

If you selected Visual approach, or announced that you're visual, the PNF/FO will stop making making approach callouts.

Also, each SOP is different.  Not every airline makes the same set of calls.

Hi Bryan

No I have not selected Visual approach. Are you saying that in SP1 the FO will not make approach call outs?

Tonym

He should be making approach calls.

Check your CFG options on the FS2Crew Secondary Panel to ensure you haven't shut them off.

Also ensure that:

1. Your FS units of measurement for altitude are set to Feet, not Meters.

2. You have Decision Altitude (not DH) selected on the Approach Briefing page.  Ensure your MINS selector on the Capt's EFIS panel is set to BARO.   <-I suspect this is your issue.

I believe in SOP 1 the FO will say "Approaching Minimums" at DA plus 100.  There are also 500/1000 calls as your go through the Stability gates, but that varies on the approach type.  And I recall the FO doesn't say 1000, he says "Stable or Not Stable".