Sign in to follow this  
carguy4471

CH eclipse yoke, mystery dial

What is the mystery dial on the left side of the base.  The documentation on this thing is pretty, um, there isn't any.  

Anyone know??

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is used in calibrating the vertical (Y axis) center of the range. If you move this dial, you will have to re-calibrate the yoke as it will change the Y Axis center!

Another use I have found that as this potentiometer ages and gets noisy, this dial can be moved to a "cleaner" part of the pot and then re-calibrate. Been there done that on my Eclipse.

Lyn

So all the fiddling I was doing with it wasn't helping anything, lol.  Sure would be nice if they included that tidbit somewhere.  

Thanks for the insight!!!

I found this by accident one day when I had the Control Manager open and was looking at the different assignments. I moved the dial and saw the Y axis move up and down on the screen!

Glad to have been of some help to you.

Lyn

There is another use for this dial, which is explained in my review video (skip to 10:08 for the relevant bit). Essentially, if you wind it back (but don't recalibrate) you will now find that you can operate the yoke with lower up-elevator forces, although you do have to rely on a lot of forward trim to fly level.