Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Re-initialize FS2Crew sound system

Looks like FS2Crew uses the default playback device selected in Windows for all sounds not going through the headset if you selected one under the SEC-AUDIO and enabled the HS feature but if I like to change the playback device in use while the simulator and FS2Crew already is running is that possible?

I tried simply selecting another default playback device in Windows with the sim and FS2Crew running but that didn't make FS2Crew use the newly selected playback device so guess it will keep using whatever playback device was selected as the default playback device in Windows by the time the sim/FS2Crew was started.

Hence my question in the topic, is it possible to make FS2Crew "re-initialize" what audio device it will be using 'on-the-fly' sort of speak rather than having to restart the sim?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hence my question in the topic, is it possible to make FS2Crew "re-initialize" what audio device it will be using 'on-the-fly' sort of speak rather than having to restart the sim?

Long shot, you could try selecting your new default audio device, then on the Audio page in FS2Crew press the Reset Audio button.

Cheers,

I think in your case you would need to shut-down the sim.

Why are you trying to change the default audio device in the Windows Control panel mid-flight  :smile:

OK then.

Well...why would I like to do that...a very understandable question :smile:

Reason is I recently bought myself a very nice wireless headset. Up until now I've always used the headset for FS2Crew and ATC comm (on Vatsim) but just for the fun I tried using the headset also for P3D as well as the NGX and I was blown away with all the details I could hear in a totally new and much improved way compared to my desktop speakers.

What I noticed though is that when I have my desktop speakers as the default playback device and have HS enabled for FS2Crew whenever the FO speaks the NGX sounds fades out a bit and then get back to normal volume when he finished speaking. That's why I thought maybe this will be better if I instead choose my headset as the default playback device before starting P3D. Then I don't need to use the HS feature in FS2Crew and will still get all the sound from FS2Crew in my headset. However I still might want to go back to having the sound coming from my desktop speakers for a period of the flight especially if it's a long flight and that's why I was wondering if that's possible without having to quit the sim but guess not then.

No idea how hard it would be to add and probably the demand for such a feature is close to none but would have been awesome if you in next update could include a way to control what sound device FS2Crew is using in real time just like you can with the NGX from the sound option menu in the FMC.

One can always wish right :wink:?