Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Richard Probst has disappeared

Any one knows what happened to Richard Probst and his amazing 737-200 panel that was in the works? The site seems to have been removed.Thanks,Dinshaw.

I don't the answer to that question. But his B727 was way a head of it's time. What a great photoreal panel he created.Wasn't he a TWA simulator tech guy?Ed

Are you talking about tinmouse.org?It was there just a week or two ago. Great stuff, it was a really good panel.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Jeff,The very same site..Checked today, the site is not available. Would appreciate some info if anyone has any.Dinshaw.

Guest 737typerated

It's probably not down for good, last I heard Rich was aiming to have the 732 panel done soon.http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...ing_type=searchI've got the latest updates to to 737-200 panel if anyone wants them, June 20, 2005 was the last update.RECENT CHANGES050620- added HF radio (thanks for the artwork Dan)- added Capt gyro and compass switching- added flight controls section on the overhead - not yet working- added compass controls to overhead - not yet working050412- CWS pitch now holds actual pitch instead of vertical speed- added more to the radar- fixed takeoff trim warning, resized GPS (FS2002 only)- cabin chimes should not sound in spot or tower view- fixed continuously updating smoke, marker, nav1, and nav2 idents- PDCS Standby mode, self test, load, takeoff, and first temperaturepages now work- added PDCS EPR and airspeed cursor drive (center mouse position)- APU now gives overspeed warning if shutdown prematurely- recall lights light when pushed- added red speed bug to replace cursor- added memory device- changed APD and radio altimeter to correct types- added FO's vertical gyro and VHF switching- better EPR indication in reverse thrust- fixed EPR bug where the number 2 engine was showing EPR for number 1- back lighting for light panel now works with the proper dimmer- redo graphics for landing light switches- you can now turn on the inboard landing lights only (external landinglight switches extended the lights and won't light the bulbs - FSlimitation)- throttle panel sound flag fixed- altitude alert light should not come on without power- fixed precision error in altitude alert tapes

Richard has retired from FS development. He did not indicate his plans with respect to the disposition of his work, but his last 727 panel release did include his gauge source code.His only other comment was that after ten years of FS he has decided to move on. Let's hope he finds his way back to this community after some R&R.Leon

The tinmouse site has gone down like this several times in the past...like the last time I remember when the bandwidth limit was exceeded for the month.Hopefully it'll be back...it's a really amazing work in progress.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Nope - according to Richard, as I noted above, he's no longer involved in the hobby - including the removal of FS from his system. He's claiming total retirement at this point, but let's hope for a reprieve.Leon

Guest Iwant2flya757200

Did Rich retire from simming alltogether, or is he still working as a simulator technician?

He didn't refer to his work. The indication was FS only. I had contacted him about doing some graphics work (very minor - but in the spirit of helping out) on his 737 overhead panel about a week ago. He graciously replied, but stated his intent to move on. Sad, but understandable, particularly if he deals with simulations on a professional level daily. I wish him the best, and I will certainly enjoy his contributions for some time to come.Leon

>>It's probably not down for good, last I heard Rich was aiming>to have the 732 panel done soon.>http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...ing_type=search>>I've got the latest updates to to 737-200 panel if anyone>wants them, June 20, 2005 was the last update.I would very much enjoy receiving the latest code changes.n4gix@comcast.net

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill,I've got the 727 gauge source files that he included in his last update - 6/27/05 - if you want them as well (4.9 MB though).Leon

I have tried to install Richard's 727 panel without success. I've even downloaded the latest version from his web site, but to no avail. When I follow the instructions, when loading the flifgt, FS9 goes black or error message appears and FS9 shuts down.I've been in contact with Richard by email and he's offered some suggestions which I implemented, but still no panel shows up and the same results as I experienced before. So he is still around. If anyone can help with my installation it sure would be appreciated.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I for one will miss his wonderful contributions to FS. Richard always was ahead of his time and his panels were a pleasure to use. In fact, until the DF 727 came out, I used his panel exclusively with all 727 aircraft . . .and still have an example of it on my HD.Whatever your direction, Richard, Carry on, Sir! You've added a ton of enjoyment to this hobby to many.With respect and thanks, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

>Bill,>>I've got the 727 gauge source files that he included in his>last update - 6/27/05 - if you want them as well (4.9 MB>though).>>LeonPlease! n4gix@comcast.netThanks!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator