Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Landing lights on altitude

Just wondering why the landing lights on descent are always turned on at 12,000 feet rather than 10,000 as it states in the Button SOP 2 tutorial page 25.. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Mine always turn on at ten.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Mine always turn on at ten.

and mine a 12,000...  Maybe my altimeter is broken.... :wink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Would depend mostly on each company SOP.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

What was the landing elevation?

I'd have to check the code, but in some cases I set the lights to come on at 10,000 plus the landing runway elevation.

569 feet landing at CYYZ.  I am now flying into Salt Lake City which is 4225 feet, so I will report when they come on...

Missed when they came on, but at 15,000 they were already on, so it must have something to do with AGL altitude, 

There's an option in the FS2Crew Config screen to have the landing lights come on/off at 18,000 feet.  Many US airlines do it that way.

You may have it selected.

No, it is set to 10,000.  It had been coming on at 12,000, but yesterday I saw that it had already been turned on at 15,000. I will monitor it on each flight and post here. 

The landing lights ( fixed) on going on when I descend past the transition altitude and reset altimeter( 18000 ft in the US), and yes they are set at 10,000 feet in the CFG.  

The landing lights ( fixed) on going on when I descend past the transition altitude and reset altimeter( 18000 ft in the US), and yes they are set at 10,000 feet in the CFG.  

I had to triple check the code because it's so complex with all the various SOPs and options available:

In SOP 2 the "Fixed" Landing lights come on when descending through the Transition Level.

Retracts come on at 10K.

That's the way they do it at that airline.

I had to triple check the code because it's so complex with all the various SOPs and options available:

In SOP 2 the "Fixed" Landing lights come on when descending through the Transition Level.

Retracts come on at 10K.

Ok, I carefully checked this over a couple of flights. The fixed lights come on at the Transition altitude as you stated, so the button tutorial is not correct. The Retracts never come on ever, so they must be turned on by the PF.  

The Retracts never come on ever, so they must be turned on by the PF

I'll need to update the Button Control manual for this.

The procedures are the same as "voice control" for SOP 2.

Therefore, as in in Voice Control for SOP 2, whenever ATC clears you for landing, you as the Pilot Flying would turn on the Retractable Landing lights.

Sorry for the confusion!