Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Reshade

Hi Mickey

Something is wrong with the video? , It goes black after a while.

How do i go back to default P3D settings and can i uninstall Reshade? 

For now i just want to try it out

Thanks

Michael Moe

Hi Michael,

nothings wrong with thw video, i guess Final Cut made an error. I installed the latest reshade, ran the mediator app that comes with reshade, added the dll via the mediator tp P3D3, downloaded MasterEffect, copied that one into the reshade directory and started editing the MasterEffect.h file. You can do that while P3D3 is running. Everytime you save the .h file the shader will be rebuild and you see the result immediately. So no exiting the sim :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Hi Michael,

nothings wrong with thw video, i guess Final Cut made an error. I installed the latest reshade, ran the mediator app that comes with reshade, added the dll via the mediator tp P3D3, downloaded MasterEffect, copied that one into the reshade directory and started editing the MasterEffect.h file. You can do that while P3D3 is running. Everytime you save the .h file the shader will be rebuild and you see the result immediately. So no exiting the sim :)

Thanks. I did not download any master effect file. guessguess i have to.

i see reshade in the PREPAR3D AIRCRAFT menu and also when i load a flight it says suceeded.

when i change settings and hit apply i cant see any changes.

Also dont know how to save presets. Looks like there is only one preset.

What does mastereffect do and does it show up inside the program?

Reshade has made a subfolder inside P3DV3.1. How do you Quick return to default P3DV3.1 Shaders?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Mr340, I like your signature!

Thank you

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

You can download mastereffects here:  http://reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/161-mastereffect-reborn-official-thread.  I also tried the realistic lighting Mastereffects preset, which by the way you just copy the preset text file contents overwriting the mastereffects.h file in the P3D folder.  You also need to copy the mastereffects folder and reshade.fx from the mastereffects download overwriting the original reshade.fx in the P3D folder. 

I honestly didn't like it, It added a grain filter which I could see as noise at 1080p which wasn't to my taste and I didn't  really see an improvement with lighting and actually prefer P3D standard.   

Hi Mickey

Something is wrong with the video? , It goes black after a while.

How do i go back to default P3D settings and can i uninstall Reshade? 

For now i just want to try it out

Thanks

Michael Moe

Hello Michael,

inside P3D3 there must be two files reshade.fx and the dxgi.dll. Inside the folder where you copied the reshade stuff once downloaded you will also copy all mastereffect files into the reshade folder. If you like my preset you can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0e53eux6ty2l3g/MasterEffect.h?dl=0 it is the mastereffect.h shader file. Just overwrite the old one.

If you like to play with the settings, open the mastereffect.h file with notepad. Edit the lines you like and save it. It will take effect immediately.. You will be notified via a white tex in the upper lefthand corner of your sim screen. 

Hope that helps :)

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Hello Michael,

inside P3D3 there must be two files reshade.fx and the dxgi.dll. Inside the folder where you copied the reshade stuff once downloaded you will also copy all mastereffect files into the reshade folder. If you like my preset you can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0e53eux6ty2l3g/MasterEffect.h?dl=0 it is the mastereffect.h shader file. Just overwrite the old one.[/size]

If you like to play with the settings, open the mastereffect.h file with notepad. Edit the lines you like and save it. It will take effect immediately.. You will be notified via a white tex in the upper lefthand corner of your sim screen.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks it might help ☺

I dont have a reshade.fx file in my P3DV3.1 folder but only a shortcut to it.

What i have done is unzipping Reshade and run the modiator. exe. Then i linked to P3DV3.1. EXE and it a also created a preset. Afterwards it created a subfolder inside P3D.

Now i have downloaded the mastereffect folder and file and paste into the unzipped installation folder.

when i load up P3DV3.1 i can se it says suceeded and the mastereffect is also in the same screen.

so i guess it works?

I cant update from the modiator on thw run because the dxg.dll is used by another program but thats normal right.?

i find it hard to actually see What os loaded to the sim

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

You did everything corrct :) reshade and mastereffect loads up. Now if you have your sim running simply hit the spacebar to see the difference. Also there is a function in the mastereffect.h file where you can enable a splitscreen.

Now that everythings up and running the hard part begins, editing the .h file so that it suit your needs :) You can do lots of things that can enhance the look of P3D3. 

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

You did everything corrct :) reshade and mastereffect loads up. Now if you have your sim running simply hit the spacebar to see the difference. Also there is a function in the mastereffect.h file where you can enable a splitscreen.

Now that everythings up and running the hard part begins, editing the .h file so that it suit your needs :) You can do lots of things that can enhance the look of P3D3.

Thanks but should i also copy the mastereffect file to the P3D root folder?

Allthoug i am not getting any errors

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks but should i also copy the mastereffect file to the P3D root folder?

Allthoug i am not getting any errors

Thanks Michael Moe

The mastereffect.h file stays in the reshade folder. 

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

im confused here, so I have master effect folder installed with reshade.fx and mastereffect.h and working fine with real lighting effect preset.

now do I also need a reshade folder? I have seen some videos where by some users have both.

thanks

mike

I have reshade folder in my P3DV3.1 root folder which the modiator installed when i linked my P3D. exe.

But i only have the reshade. fx shortcut and the dxgi. dll inside P3D.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Mine is the same but I have master effect folder only instead of a reshade folder. Is that fine?

Thanks

Hi there,

the mastereffect folder+the mastereffect.h file goes into the main reshade installation folder. The mediator will install the dxgi.dll, a shortcut of the reshade.fx file as well as the reshade effects folder into P3Dv3 root folder. If anything went the right way you should see a white info in the upper lefthand corner of the screen after P3D has started up.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

I see, yes I have the white info come up

But when I installed I opened reshade folder there was the master effect folder master effect.h reshade.fx and dxgi I just moved them into p3d folder

I guess I did it correctly ,thanks for your help.

Hi there,

the mastereffect folder+the mastereffect.h file goes into the main reshade installation folder. The mediator will install the dxgi.dll, a shortcut of the reshade.fx file as well as the reshade effects folder into P3Dv3 root folder. If anything went the right way you should see a white info in the upper lefthand corner of the screen after P3D has started up.

And the above i can confirm.

i am wondering though why this mastereffect. h file with its folder is not part of the reshade installation files?

With barebone aka default reshade installation and options i cant see anything is changing.

How often should we empty the P3D shader

folder btw?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png