Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Airspace boundaries

Hello Mindstar team,

This is hopefully an easy to solve issue, probably related to user error  :smile: The thing is I don't see any airspace boundaries in my GNS530 ans I can't find a way to make them appear.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If they are airspace boundaries that don't exist in the default sim, there's not going to be anything visible. We have plans of providing current airspace displays in the near future, but no definite timeframe as of yet.

Hi Ed, thanks for your reply. My problem is I don't see the boundaries at all, even at locations where I should see them. I don't see them at the location of the default flight in Prepar3d for instance. With the default gps they are visible.

That is indeed odd as I see them without issue on my system. I will ask around the office and see if anyone's seen this issue before.

Hi Ed, how were things at the office? Any suggestions?

• Upvote 1

Ok Bert,

I've gone through this with a fine tooth comb and come up blank. First... an image:

airspaceimage.jpg

As you can see... showing fine... P3D v3... no issues.

We don't have a setting that disables them. I haven't figured out how to make them go away on my system... so I don't know why they're gone on yours. I'm sorry I haven't resolved this yet.

Thanks Ed. I'm currently in the process of a complete reinstall of Prepar3D following the release of version 3.2. I'll also reinstall your software. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Fingers crossed. I'm honestly completely baffled and no one else on the team has an idea either.

Hi Ed,

After my reinstall I do see the airspace boundaries, however only at a zoomlevel of 20 NM or below. Is this correct behavior?

That sounds about right.

Allright then, problem solved :smile:  Thanks for your help.

Yeah... like I did anything. LOL Glad you've got it working.