Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Possible to change default pushback distance?

As the topic suggests, is it possible to change the default pushback distance when using the built-in pushback feature in the NGX?

I find the default distance a bit too short in most situations.

Richard Åsberg

Do give us your full name in these forums, Maxy. The chaps in charge like it.

There is in the pushback page a numerical value given for the pushback. Just select how far you'd like to go back then line select against this value to set the distance for the pushback.

Been here long enough to know these guys like people having their full name, it's in my signature if you have another look :wink:

I know I can change the default value manually but rather than always having to change it I was hoping maybe there was a config file somewhere where I could change that default value.

Richard Åsberg

since  I use  the gsx  push back and  havnt  used  the default pushback  cant  you  change  the distance  in the fmc?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Have you though of buying GSX? Its great. it pushes you back so you are perfectly sitting on the taxi way center line.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I use GSX pushback every flight. Works great. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks for your input guys!

Just to clarify my question even further. I do know I can change the distance in the FMC where the NGX pushback feature is found. The actual problem is I need to change that default distance on every flight since the pushback feature in the NGX doesn't "remember" the distance value you set manually.

That's why I was hoping there maybe is some cfg file somewhere that holds this default pushback distance value that I could change directly in the cfg file but still no luck finding such an entry in any cfg file. I did check the 737NGX_Options.ini file which seemed like a file where this value could have been and I did find a section related to pushback but unfortunately nothing about the default distance.

As for GSX I already own that product but since I did a complete reinstallation of P3D when 3.1 was released I have tried keeping all those "extras" to a minimum in an attempt trying to avoid potential issues which often is the result in my experience when you start add up on the list of addons installed. So for this reason I didn't bother reinstalling GSX after my last full reinstallation of P3D.

On top of that I never really liked GSX. Compared to AES which is "tailor-made" for each airport it supports I find GSX not always doing the pushback in a very good way sometimes pushing you back into things or leaving you in a very strange position and I guess that is to expect considering the more general nature of GSX where it's supposed to work with any airport. I know there are some ways that you can adjust things manually in GSX but doing that for every single gate for every payware airport I have installed would take a considerable amount of time...time I don't really have at least at the moment.

Well, maybe I'll still give GSX another go or else I will continue waiting for FS2Crew to give us yet another pushback option and hopefully it will be the best one. For those of you who didn't already hear about it the name will be Ultimate Ground Crew X or UGCX for short and looking at the quality of the FS2Crew products released so far I have high hopes for this new addon!

Richard Åsberg

Well, maybe I'll still give GSX another go

Just be prepared to slew back about 20 feet to make the jetways line up with the plane (theres no way around it). Not a big deal on departure, but the marshall will be directing you about 20' too far in when you park.

Just be prepared to slew back about 20 feet to make the jetways line up with the plane (theres no way around it). Not a big deal on departure, but the marshall will be directing you about 20' too far in when you park.

Honestly I think I'll just hang in there for now using the built-in pushback in the NGX until UGCX is out.

I only wish the NGX pushback was a little bit better both in the regard you could change the pushback distance permanently as already discussed but also I never dare asking for a pushback in any other direction than straight back because when choosing to go left or right during the pushback the turn rate is so low you almost always end up somewhere where you certainly didn't want to go...

Richard Åsberg

I have to say, Richard, I do like GSX and have never had the kind of problem you describe so far, and the latest updates seem to have made it even better. I've been trawling the various inis and cfgs to help you but can't find anything, so I think it's probably intrinsically woven into the code and is therefore unchangeable. Kyle will give the definitive answer I'm sure but it looks unchangeable. Sorry about that. :smile:

Thanks John.

Well, since I have no idea for how long we'll have to wait for UGCX maybe I will end up installing GSX anyway and maybe it has become better since I last used it with the latest fixes etc. Haven't used it for quite some time.

Richard Åsberg

no  issues  here  with  gsx  and  think  you will find  that ugcx  will have the same  issues  as  gsx  has, will have  to wait  and  see.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg