Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

P3Dv3.1 Stops Loading After Splash Screen

I have the same issue as this guy's post in the P3D official forums

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113712

Now I have done a bandaid fix (meaning a temp fix that I don't like), I've changed the situation= to blank so it loads the default P3D situation file.  But I have been loading the same (my personal) default flight since the beginning of P3D v2.2 without issue.

What did I change now that I have this error?

1)  Installed the latest Citation X installer

2) Installed many navigraph airac updates to 1602.

That's it.

Has anyone had this happen and is there another way around it other than starting with P3D's default scenario?

edit:  Looks like my GTN install is screwed up too...  the gauge isn't showing up in my panels I manually configured or the VC's with native integration

UGH

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello Ryan

I'm not on my PC now, but has a similar problem with another Carenado aircraft. It added a weatherxml entry to the dll.xml, sometimes P3D displayed an error msg, other times none.

the fix was to change the Manual Load to True for that entry. ( I have to accept it every time, but it works)

If I remember correctly the Citation X installer adds an hypergauge.dll (or something like that) entry.

Try changing its Manual Load to True and  move that entry down and give it a try.

Hope that helps.

Hmmm...  I don't see any new entries in my dll.xml file

More digging required.

Disregard the GTN issue - got that working - had an error code 11, MSE quarantined some file it needed.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

Temporarily disable any MS anti-virus and/or malware detectors. Today's updates started reporting one of the GTN files as malware.

As to the default situation issue, there have been a few reports of the following:

1) It's caused by directly editing Prepar3d.cfg directly with a text editor or

2) It's related to a recent update to Process Lasso.

I can't personally vouch for either.

It's odd though... in that it started just today.  Was working fine yesterday.  Anyway yes got the GTN issue fixed as I wrote above.

As for the startup - I saved a new start file and so far so good.  In case anyone has this you'll need to edit your p3d.cfg and blank out whatever comes after the "situation=" line..  That will revert to stock scenario loading.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hello Ryan

Glad you sorted it out, although

I don't know how you got it working, at least on my system there has to be an hypergauge.dll entry in dll.xml

I just installed it on P3D V3.1 and at first thing I got was a blak panel and an app crash due to ESDG_CitationX.gau

So I just added it to dll.xml and voila. Its working. (copied it from my FSX install)

Cheers.