Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Blackbox A320 Xtreme?

Recently purchased the Blackbox A320/A321 xtreme prologue package, but there still appear to be a number of minor bugs with this aircraft. Does anyone know the status of this development, since the last news entry on their website was last Dec.2015 and the technical support forum/community is extremely quiet with no responses to questions?

I am concerned that I may have wasted my money and that final development of this product has stopped.

Thanks

Stuart

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The current version is 0.85 and has a number of bugs - for current development take a look at the Facebook site. They (all two of them) appear to be spending their time on the A330. Not the least of issues is the nav data, which is currently derived from the PSS format and doesn't contain approaches. This thing has been under development for some time (my 0.76 file is dated Jan 2014).  At the current glacial rate of progress, you can look forward to completion (perhaps) in a couple of years or so.  At the moment, the Aerosoft 'Bus is far ahead of this one...

DJ

Thanks DJ, I suspected as much, perhaps I shall have to write it off as a bad purchase!

Stuart

Sure.  I've pretty well had it with these folks.  Aerosoft will have the A330 out later this year, and it will be more developed than anything BlackBox has done yet - at that point, features that have been developed for that aircraft will be rolled back into the A320 and the result should be more advanced than anything out except (possibly) the Flight Sim Labs A320 - I say possibly since that aircraft has yet to be released.

DJ