Sign in to follow this  
Hark1

Captain sim 777 through migration tool

Hi,

I have flightsim estonia's migration tool and have migrated to p3d from fsx, but i have the captain sim 777 (v1.7) FOR FSX. I read that for this to work you need to start p3d in legacy mode. I can't consult their forums because they are down, and have been for the past week, nor will they reply to support tickets.

But when I click on the link to open p3d in legacy mode, an error message comes up saying:

"Migration Tool has disabled this simulator to prevent corruption of configuration files
To run this simulator, set it as target in Migration Tool".

Before anyone replies saying "set is as the target simulator then", I already have- i'm not thick! I have also tried to resetting it as target simulator, that hasn't worked either. I have tried running as administrator but with no success. I am currently running p3d v3.1, and haven't updated to p3d v3.2 as I highly doubt that will fix the problem, but will give it a go anyway. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Harry Karmel

No- on the flightsim Estonia website or documentation it says it is compatible in leagcy mode. The fact that it won't start in legacy mode, has nothing to do with the 777 anyway

Have to purchase the CS 777 for P3D. no way around it. I had to repurchase the 732, 727, and 777 for P3D. Sorry. They have a once a year sale around Xmas time where all aircraft are 9 euro so most people pick them up then.

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Damn! But still, I want to able to start it in legacy mode for other addons though. I might just have to use the 1.4 version as that had a p3d option, before they introduced a separate version as I still have the installer. Thanks for your help anyway though!