Sign in to follow this  
Philhen

Mouse Problem PMDG 747 -400

Hi to all readers,

Can anyone help me with a problem I have had ever since installing the PMDG 747 -400.  I am only a starter in this level, so please be patient.  My problem is that the arrow of my mouse (on the screen) stutters all the time, and it is becoming both annoying and worrying.  Is this a known problem?  If so, can anyone tell me how to make the arrow settle down into the sedentary arrow it used to be before tackling such intricate aircraft?

There is another question I have but I not too sure whether I can ask tow questions at the same time.  Nevertheless, I shall ask and if I am totally wrong, please let me know.  The question is, Since the first  edition of the PMDG 747 -400 for FSX, have there been any Service Packs or updates available?

Regards and Happy Flying to all,

Philhen

If so, can anyone tell me how to make the arrow settle down into the sedentary arrow it used to be before tackling such intricate aircraft?

I think this is maybe where the problem lies.  You may be running an under-powered computer for this type of

payware aircraft.  Your nervous mouse is indicating a lack of processor power.  Like you stated, it was OK on

the default aircraft or other than a PMDG payware product.

You should be able to check the PMDG site for updates.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi, charliearon,

Thanks for that - what you say makes perfect sense even though it is being fed directly from the mouse socket at the rear/top of the PC.  I have sent for a hub which will be self-powered, hoping that this might correct the problem.  If you would like, I could let you know what the outcome was when it arrives.  However, this may be a few days because I have sent away for a faster HDD to help FSX along its way, and have dis-assembled my PC ready for its arrival.  If it isn't that, then I might possibly investigate supplying power directly from the PSU (at the right voltage of course)

As regards the updates, service packs, etc, yes, I will get in touch with PMDG although this usually requires quite an effort because for some reason, PMDG appear to refer everything to their forums, and I have to say that I am not a particularly patient person when it comes to reading through masses of questions and answers.  It's something to do with my age, I think!

Anyway, regards and my thanks to you for taking the time and trouble to write back, it IS appreciated.

Philhen.