Sign in to follow this  
nerrad33

Adjust Eye View

I use a TrackIr. The default view, on lets say, 172 isn't quite right. I know there is a value in the aircraft cfg file that can be changed. What is the value that must be changed and is there any good value that anyone can suggest?

[Views]
eyepoint = -6.2, 0.00, 1.7 //   (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical

How about (ctl + backspace & shft + backspace) - (Ctl + Enter & shft + enter) - Johnman

Also on the eyepoint vertical, if you want the panel up, you decrease the number....seem like it should be the other way. It's pretty much trial  and error on each aircraft but the changes are pretty small, say 3.1 to 2.9 is what I do on the Flight1 Mustang to get the panel at the right height, I have to change most of them because for some reason the default value always makes it look like the nose is pointing into the ground :wink: 

With the settings above, the vertical is spot on, I need to be a little left, which I imagine is the second value, but I'm behind the seat. This is the third value I would think. Now I just need to know what increasing or decreaseing as value does. I try small value changes and see where it puts me. Thanks for the help. Any other advice is most welcome.

Also on the eyepoint vertical, if you want the panel up, you decrease the number....seem like it should be the other way

Like "eyepoint" suggests, you are moving your head, not the panel, so Y +ve = head moves up (and the panel relative to your head moves down)