Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

Altitude knob

Is there another gauge to set the altitude, other than the one below FMC. I find it hard to read on the PFD, you have to zoom out so far enable turn the altitude knob and see it on the PFD at the same time

If it helps you can press Shift+1 to open the 2D PFD, you can also set the altitude on the 2D autopilot window, Shift+3. Lastly there should be a tooltip on the base of the VC altitude selector that shows the preset altitude value, the base of the knob (blue circle) sets 1000s, the end of the knob (yellow circle) sets 100s.

Jim

I use the AP popup for the ALT knob. It is a little easier in the real plane. I have asked for an easier popup. Maybe we can reassign the CRS knob on the panel for the ALT knob.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hey Jim, mine does not show the altitude. Just shows the 1000 or the 100 click spot. So if i turn these there is no value, unlike the HDG and CRS knobs...they show the values as i turn them as i hover the mouse over them. Is this how your is?

Yes Ray...that would be cool

Hey Jim, mine does not show the altitude. Just shows the 1000 or the 100 click spot.

The tooltip on the base of the knob (blue circle) shows altitude, the tip of the knob (yellow circle) tells me I should left click for 100s and right click for 1000s or something like that which is completely useless because it doesn't actually work as the tooltip says it does anyway. :smile:

That's what I'm seeing anyway (P3D v3.1).

Yep Jim, you are correct...I went back into the cockpit and figured it out,,,,thanks for your quick reply