Sign in to follow this  
MotorSphere

No uninstaller for PMDG 777

Hello,

I've recently purchased the PMDG 777 and I am attempting a fix for a previously mentioned problem on this forum, regarding "phugoid" type flight behavior while the aircraft is on autopilot. I previously uninstalled and re-installed the 777 due to this, but the behavior came back after a few days. Additionally, my problem with "phugoid" behavior also seems more severe than some previously addressed concerns, my aircraft doesn't just deviate in altitude 1000 feet or so, but literally will dive into the ground. So, on this second attempt to uninstall the 777 and fix this, I noticed something rather bizarre. I do not have the option to uninstall the 777 in the control panel anymore, despite it being there previously. I would normally just attempt to delete it manually, but I am unsure if I would actually delete everything I need to and if it would mess up a re-installation of the 777. Any help on these matters would be much appreciated, thank you.

I would normally just attempt to delete it manually

If  you manually  deleted   the 777  without using  the  control panel  or  the  777 exe is probably  the cause of  your  issues  now,  since it  states  do not   manually  remove   any of  the pmdg   aircraft.   Best bet is  to  submit  a support  ticket   in now.  Also   re installing  most likely  wouldn't  have  solved  your  issue   could  introduce  new  ones  as  you have  discovered  now

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Go to the windows control panel / programs & features  and uninstall it.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Go to the windows control panel / programs & features and uninstall it.

I  you read  the op  post  he  hasn't  got  this  option no more 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I  you read  the op  post  he  hasn't  got  this  option no more 

Well then run the PMDG installer. It might ask to repair the install. Then remove it via the control panel if you wish.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Hello,

I've recently purchased the PMDG 777 and I am attempting a fix for a previously mentioned problem on this forum, regarding "phugoid" type flight behavior while the aircraft is on autopilot. I previously uninstalled and re-installed the 777 due to this, but the behavior came back after a few days. Additionally, my problem with "phugoid" behavior also seems more severe than some previously addressed concerns, my aircraft doesn't just deviate in altitude 1000 feet or so, but literally will dive into the ground. So, on this second attempt to uninstall the 777 and fix this, I noticed something rather bizarre. I do not have the option to uninstall the 777 in the control panel anymore, despite it being there previously. I would normally just attempt to delete it manually, but I am unsure if I would actually delete everything I need to and if it would mess up a re-installation of the 777. Any help on these matters would be much appreciated, thank you.

Full names are required in the forums. Submit a support ticket at the PMDG support website. Requires a separate registration from the store. Where did you purchase the 777? As has already been mentioned, uninstalling and reinstalling won't do anything here, just increases your chances of more issues.

Well then run the PMDG installer. It might ask to repair the install. Then remove it via the control panel if you wish.

A reinstall isn't going to fix this issue.

You have to first de-activate the license for the PMDG 777 using the CDU within FSX. After that, you should go to the control panel and uninstall the PMDG 777. After that is done, you should make sure that all the PMDG 777 folders within the main FSX folder (Program files (x86)) to make sure that the aircraft is completely uninstalled. 

You have to first de-activate the license for the PMDG 777 using the CDU within FSX. After that, you should go to the control panel and uninstall the PMDG 777. After that is done, you should make sure that all the PMDG 777 folders within the main FSX folder (Program files (x86)) to make sure that the aircraft is completely uninstalled. 

No. Please do not do this. Doing this regularly makes more work for us, and will require you to wait for us to look into why your key got locked out if you do this too often.

The license return function has very, very specific uses. Uninstall/reinstall is not one of those.

The license return function is for when you:

1. Have to change significant hardware: mobo, CPU, etc.
  2. Have to change computers.
  3. Are reinstalling your entire operating system (reformatting).

Kyle Rodgers

After that, you should go to the control panel and uninstall the PMDG 777

Doesn't matter if  he de  activated   or  not  as  stated  in his  first post  the option isn't  their  to uninstall  in the control  panel. Since  he  hasn't returned  back  he  has most likely  solved  his  issue

Peter kelberg