Sign in to follow this  
Vortac12

Autopilot issues

The issues with the autopilot have been discussed under the known Bugs topic. One of the issues the FD button missing from the KFC225 Autopilot. On of the posts stats that this AP in real life did not come equipped with a FD. I thought this odd so I went to BendixKing and downloaded the manual. It does come equipped with a FD. I started a support ticket because when I first purchased this product the FD did not work.

After several days I have heard nothing on the support ticket. For those new comers who want a FD the solution is simple. Scroll through the .CFG until you find the equipment list or search Flight Director. You will find flightdirector=0. Just change it to 1. This will enable it. The button in the VC is missing but will illuminate when any button is pressed. It is even clickable, just can not see it. Your cursor will turn to a hand over it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The issues with the autopilot have been discussed under the known Bugs topic. One of the issues the FD button missing from the KFC225 Autopilot. On of the posts stats that this AP in real life did not come equipped with a FD. I thought this odd so I went to BendixKing and downloaded the manual. It does come equipped with a FD. I started a support ticket because when I first purchased this product the FD did not work.

After several days I have heard nothing on the support ticket. For those new comers who want a FD the solution is simple. Scroll through the .CFG until you find the equipment list or search Flight Director. You will find flightdirector=0. Just change it to 1. This will enable it. The button in the VC is missing but will illuminate when any button is pressed. It is even clickable, just can not see it. Your cursor will turn to a hand over it.

The AP in this generation of DA42 is the KAP140 model, rather than the KFC225.    The KAP140 only has FD as an option (which is rarely taken).   Most DA42s have the GFC700 (integrated with the G1000), but older models have the KAP140 but the vast majority with no FD.