Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Fuel not automatically crossfeeding/ tanks not autoswitching

This is related to my earlier post regarding the iFDG MD-11, except it's the Just Flight Freemium 757 which is causing me grief.

I set up a flight from Manchester UK to Nice, France. Flightplanner said just 28000 lbs of fuel was required so put that in the centre tank with nothing in the left & right. The sim loads and both engines immediately quit. Yet the centre fuel tank pumps are showing as on in the overhead panel. I cannot successfully restart the engines unless I just use CTRL - E.

As an experiment I put a couple of gallons each in the left & right tanks. As soon as they run out, the engines quit, yet the pumps are showing as on as are the x-feed pumps. Again CTRL-E fires them up.

Seeing as the Freemium aircraft is F-Lite, it does come with a degree of functionality in the overhead panel, slightly more involved than plain old CTRL-E.

Any ideas please?

Mark.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

freemium or not, pretty much all aircraft require the wings to have fuel in them before filling up the centre tank

On the 757 the wings would be filled to full before anything was put in the centre.

I've not worked on the 757 for several years but i think the centre fuel pumps may feed the wings and the wings then feed the engines

but i wouldnt swear to that one

I know the A320 does it that way but the A321 can feed the engines directly from the centre tanks

Bottom line is fill the wings first before going anywhere near the centre tanks

• Upvote 1

Ah - right so, although CTRL-E seems to override the issue and get the engines running. It seems real world convention dictates filing wing tanks first. so my 28k pounds of fuel should go 14k in left & right. I would have thought that keeping things closer to the c of g would be better but no: Google & AVSIM are my friends.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/tech_ops/read.main/176695/

Thanks Pete for pointing me in the right direction!

I'll experiment on the freemium to see if the crossfeed works as it should between left & right, just in case there's an imbalance, or I decide to allow an engine failure.

Only know in KG's Im afraid, but real world the 757-200 will take  6500kgs in each wing.

13000kgs total wings full

• Upvote 1

sorry to resurrect an old topic but did you ever find out what is wrong with this? i notice that the wing tanks drain before the center tank which the kills the engines the center tank stayed completely full. i tried what you said with ctrl e to auto start the engines and the wings still drained empty with the center tank full. this one has baffled me. thats for sure. first came across it as i was getting decent clearance for my destination. both engines rolled back. was definitely a jump start!

cheers.