Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Triple monitors : 2 graphics cards improvement over one ?

Situation now :

Three monitors as seperate outside views , driven by one Titan X ( 12 Gb )

With lots of clouds and multiple cloud layers and rain, the framerate is coming down to much in my opinion.

I don't want less detail.

Possible new situation :

Two monitors as seperate outside views , driven by one Titan X

Third monitor as seperate outside view , driven by a first generation Titan GTX ( 6 Gb )

The Titan GTX has about 50% of the performance in benchmarktests of a Titan X. Therefore 2/3 Titan X and 1/3 Titan GTX.

Has anyone experience in such situation ?

Eg :  2 monitors connected to a fast graphcis card and 1 to an older less powerfull card.

Does it really help or is the improvement, if there is any, neglactible ?

Thanks, 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Gsalden,

I've been trying to get the same question answered, as you read in one of my earlier posts, I added two additional monitors/2D views to my simulator, one in each side door.

I'm running a GTX 980 Ti 6Gb card it works pretty good, but I suffer out of memory errors in dense scenery situations, I was also wanting to know if adding two cards would help.

But then a few days ago I had a friend offer me the exact same computer I have running my simulator and now I'm looking for information to find out if networking the two together will give me more power to be able to kick the sliders up and help carry the load of the two extra monitors/views?

Sam

You need to get a single 65" 4K curved TV and all of your problems will be solved. Assuming you're currently running 3X 1080p?

Now I have 2x 32" for the front window ( front / front right ) and 1x 40" as the left front window...

I have a real size 2/3 737-800 home cockpit.