Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

How to put pictures in the message page of an E-mail?

Guest EddieW

This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I don't know where else to ask.I want to send an e-mail, and have the picture right on the e-mail page, instead of an attachment...How do I go about this? Really appreciate any help!! Willey

For that to work, you have to have an e-mail client that supports (and has turned on) HTML support. Also, the person(s) on the receiving end have to have the same. Most modern clients support HTML, but don't have it on by default. There are lots of reasons for this, the biggest one being security.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest EddieW

Even if I can find a way to change it to HTML, how do I get the picture in the E-mail.... I get E-mails with pictures right in the mail, so don't have to open attachments....Thanks for the response!!

I'll assume you use Outlook as your Mail Manager.From within Outlook, select Tools, Options, Mail Format and change the "Send in this message format" option to HTML, then click OK.Open a new blank message, and, with the cursor in the main text box, select Insert, Picture. When the small "prompt box" appears, navigate to where the image you want to insert resides and insert it into the message.At least that is how it works for me ! Bear in mind that HTML messages tend to be larger than those in Plain Text or Rich Text (especially if you're inserting images) so will take longer to send or receive, especially if you or the recipient is still on dial-up (like me !)If you use Outlook Express or some other Mail Manager, things may work slightly differently.Cheers,Alastair