Sign in to follow this  
bpcw001

Lear 35A fuel burn question

Dave,

Great, keep us posted, would also like to get the fuel flow a little more accurate and it looks like you might be there :wink:

Cheers

Martin

Well, you can just go ahead and try the fuel_flow_scalar = 1.49 in the aircraft.cfg as well. Make a backup of the original aircraft.cfg file first.

I currently have only two pillars which I can base the tweak on: the Gary's "rule-of-thumb" and the data he posted here.

Also, I am not sure if a simple fuel flow adjustment will do for any case; the aircraft might still exhibit a totally different fuel consumption behavior in different conditions because of the flight model.

Tinkering with engine or other aircraft parameters is beyond my knowledge.

Still, I think it is better than the default. I'll settle with it for now. Let's wait and see if Flysimware comes up with something in their next updates.

Dave P. Woycek

I recently did a "long range" flight from HEMA to EDDK and planned this with PFPX (with my LRC data - see seperate thread)

I had the following values:

ZFW:  9895
TOW: 15974
FUEL: FULL

TRIP...........5029 lbs_________05:31 h
CONT...........251 lbs_________00:20 h
ALTN............159 lbs_________00:07 h
FIN RES.......380 lbs_________00:30 h
EXTRA.........260 lbs_________00:21 h
TAXI.............200 lbs_________00:10 h
RELEASE..6279 lbs_________06:59 h (this looks not really realistic to mee)
ARR FUEL...950 lbs_________01:12 h

ACTUAL ARRIVAL FUEL WAS: 300 lbs, after 05:31h actual flight time  [T/O @ z0755 and Landing @ z1326
My fuel conter showed: 5900 lbs used

250 kts until FL290
0.74 until FL400

FL400 for the first 3h then FL420.

I did quite a lot of fuel checks, I had time enough ;), and in average I could see a +100-150 lbs/h fuel consumtion (of course it´s higher at the beginning - first hour was 250 lbs/h, due to climb etc.)
I was flying the TAS out of the NAV LOG most of the time.

I know this is a bit of "nit picking", but at the end it makes 650 LBS less of fuel on your arrival airport with very less options left...just in case, you know...

As well I noticed something complete different: The entire flight there was no noticable pitch change! Pitch was always about 2° up and the trim FULL nose down!
This seems not to be correct, especially when flying with M.70 - M.66 at the end.

Intel i5-2500K @ 3,3 GHZ (not overclockt)RTX 2060 Super Windforce WF2OC-8GD16 GB Ram - 1333

Win10

FSX - Accelaration

I did another flight (atlanctic crossing EINN - CYQX) today, after I´ve read the comments in this toppic and due to thus, if "tweeked" some of my files as following:

-> short details: flight time= 05:18h, remaining fuel 650 lbs (planed trip was 04:58h with trip fuel:  4960 lbs) due to stronger headwinds it took a bit longer...

FSW Lear 35: 
aircraft.cfg            fuel_flow_scalar = 1.49 (as already written above)

This change get me better fuel consumption as before! It went down from average +150h to about +40 lbs/h.
Due to that i will adjust the fuel flow to 1.485 for my next flight and think this should solve my actual "additional" fuel consumption.

PFPX Lear 35 -> AircraftTypes -> Learjet 35A.txt:

I changed the below highlighted data, as the provided values didn´t match the ones from the FSW aircraft.cfg file.
The "empty weight" in the aircraft.cfg file is 10361 lbs. As per Standard FSX is adding two crew (PIC + SIC = 340 lbs total / 77KG per person).

- > As well I changed the weights for MTOW, MRW according to the books to the "published" values for the Lear35. 😉

[DEFAULT_DATA_KG]
DOW=4854
MZFW=6028
MTOW=8300
MRW=8391
MLW=6939
FuelCapacity=2848
TaxiFuelPerMinute=9
APUBurnPerHour=0

[DEFAULT_DATA_LB]
DOW=10701    
MZFW=13290
MTOW=18300
MRW=18500
MLW=15300
FuelCapacity=6279
TaxiFuelPerMinute=20
APUBurnPerHour=0

For PFPX users, a little note:

You may need to manually edit your aircrafts "Empty Weight" to 10.701 lbs, in the aircraft database, as this is the value for the DOW (including two crew) !!!

Intel i5-2500K @ 3,3 GHZ (not overclockt)RTX 2060 Super Windforce WF2OC-8GD16 GB Ram - 1333

Win10

FSX - Accelaration