Sign in to follow this  
jmdriskell

KSEA ILS Approach Problems

Thanks for all y'alls collective help.

No, I don't have any AI aircraft installed. And yes, I have PNW above T2G KSEA. I'll try it the other way and let you know what I find.

Jim Driskell

Typically you should always have your addon airports on top of any other prodcuts that include vector data, mesh or photoscenery, otherwise the addon airport won't get the correct scnery priority and you'll end up with all sorts of anomalies.

Remember the base of the sim being mesh, vector data and landclass always goes below addon airports. The addon airport needs to sit on top of all the base ingredients.

As long as it's done this way and all duplicate AFCADS other than the one that comes with the airport are turned off or disabled then you should have no problem.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I want to thank everyone for their assistance and education in helping me overcome my problems with ORBX FTX PNW and T2G KSEA.  I finally have everything working properly now.  I deleted both ORBX FTX PNW and T2G KSEA, then reinstalled them.  First I installed T2G KSEA, then I installed ORBX FTX PNW.  I moved T2G KSEA to the top and made the necessary modifications to both addons.  Then I ADDED "KSEA-MESH" containing the KSEA-MT.bgl to the scenery list.  Not doing this very important step is probably what screwed my up earlier. 

In the Marine Corps a flag is waved on a target when someone completely misses the it while firing the rifle range, .  This flag is called "Maggy's Drawers".  The miss is usually attributed to a loose nut on the butt plate.  That was me missing the last important step,  But thanks again for all the help because I finally realized what I was doing wrong.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Then I ADDED "KSEA-MESH" containing the KSEA-MT.bgl to the scenery list.

Where did this come from? Taxi2Gate, ORBX. or someone else.

Micheal,

"Then I ADDED "KSEA-MESH" containing the KSEA-MT.bgl to the scenery list"  refers to the last step of the T2G KSEA/ORBX FTX PNW modifications recommended in order to make these two addons run smoothly.  See http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105160-orbx-pnw-and-taxi2gate-ksea-airport-compatibility-guide/

for more information.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

...In the Marine Corps a flag is waved on a target when someone completely misses the it while firing the rifle range, .  This flag is called "Maggy's Drawers".  The miss is usually attributed to a loose nut on the butt plate.  That was me missing the last important step,  But thanks again for all the help because I finally realized what I was doing wrong.

Jim Driskell

Ooh Rah! The flag has been replaced by a paddle (...in Parris Island anyway)   :db:

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png