Sign in to follow this  
blindpilot

Asking aflying question.

Hello from Ron Kolesar. AKA The Blind Pilot.

Is there such a thing as aonline calculator or rule of thumb or set formula for figuring out what the best leveled cruising alt should be with any aircraft from departure ICAO to Destination ICAO?

Pretty much for private GA flights I'll be flying the Dassault Falcon 7x or DF7X for short.

Until we get  acopy of the df8x. SMILES.

But all flight would be starting from my home of Erie Intl ICAO code of KERI.

Now, for the third party program that blind people need to use so that we may take full control of our aircraft It's Your Plane or IYP for short, there's a career mode.

I fly the b738 and b744.

But when in the career mode you don't have to try and firuge out what is the best leveled cruising alt should be because you're giving your level cruising alt and you just climb to that toc.

I know that the DF7X is certified up to a alt of 510 ft.

But I wouldn't want to try and climb that high to fly from Erie to Harrisburg, or from Erie To Pittsburgh, or from Erie To Columbus.

I probably would want to fly that high to fly to Michigan and or to Indiana.

But I probably could get away with flying that high to Yellowstone National Park or over to Disneyland down in Santa Ana Ca.

So depending on the aircraft and from the starting ICAO to the finished point ICAO.

What's the proper leveled cruising alt calculator or formula for figuring out what the leveled alt should be?

Many Thanks.

Ron Kolesar AKA The Blind Pilot.

I have the following question that I hope my friends might be able to help me out with.

Now here's the question.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ron,

I'd try FltPlan.com - real world flight planner - FREE - provides you with realistic altitudes for flight in given aircraft type... Has tons of predefined profiles... Here is your example KERI to KMDT in a CJ2... As you can see it picks reasonable altitudes for a given aircrafts performance then provides you with selections above and below - so you have some choices... It's what I use - also they age a great free moving map EFB called "FltPlan GO" if you have an apple or android tablet...

fltplan_zpsul3mow7f.jpg

Regards,

Scott