Sign in to follow this  
roglav

Reinstalling a WOA-AI file(s)

I have installed many AI files from Avsim (American, Delta, United, JetBlue etc on my FSX-SE with no problem. I tried to install South West Airlines and I couldn't ever see any SW aircraft in any of the numerous airports I've selected including such airports such as Dallas-Ft. Worth, Atlanta, JFK, O'hare, Logan. When I try to reinstall South West I  get a message telling me that  "WOA-FAIB-FSX-B737-300-W-SWA Southwest Airlines Arizona one" or "Cal one" are missing. I have checked my AI files in my Airplanes folder and those files are present and have content.

How can I get AI South West to load?

roglav

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can download ACA2013 and have it scan your AI for problems.

Part of the problem, aside from KATL is your checking airports that Southwest doesn't fly to. They don't fly to Dallas-Ft Worth, JFK, O'hare, or Logan at the time the flight plans were written.

Check airports that they have routes to like Dallas-KDAL (not KDFW), Tampa, Phoenix,etc.

Another thing to consider is if you have converted the WOAI flight plans to FSX format or left them in FS9 format that they install in. If you have some FSX traffic flight plans mixed with FS9 format flight plans, then some of the AI won't display.

Also, some 3rd party airports won't display AI properly if they are FS9 models and the aircraft cast shadows is turned on.

A misnomer with WOAI is that the packages listed as ones for FSX still install the traffic files in FS9 format and thr models aren't always FSX native models.

In your case, if think you aren't seeing them because you were checking airports that Southwest either don't fly to or have very few flights to.